• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best catches of 2004 so far

NikhilN

International Regular
What do you think are the best catches of 2004 so far?

I would go with Tendulkar's catch in the 5th ODI between India and Pakistan when he caught Inzi inches away from the ropes

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Two great catches are Collingwood's catch off Gayle in the ODIs and Dwayne Smith's running catch in the same series but in the match in Guyana.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ v S.A: 5th ODI at Eden Park

In Chris Harris's comeback match he took a catch full-stretch, horizontally in the air to dismiss Herschelle Gibbs.

Waughney

International Debutant
I can remember an even better one by Laxman at second slip during the same series against Zim, low and fast to his right hand.
Also a bit of a different one, Brett Lee's leg slip catch of Tendulkar in the VB series 2nd final, lightning fast reflexes and it just about sealed the series for Australia.

Sehwag309

Banned
oh how can I forget, Tendulkar c.Ricky..absolutely outta this world

Cricinfo

25.1 Symonds to Tendulkar, OUT: short ball pulls hard and a brilliant
one handed catch jumping up moving to his left by the fielder

Craig

World Traveller
southern man said:
Hamish Marshalls catch to dismiss razzaq in Wellington and mcCullum miaden test catch was good.
And even though he is a pretty good fielder he still nearly dropped that one that all boundry riders (outfielders) are expected to catch. Well I should hope they practice them in training!

Daryl Tuffey IIRC took an execellent catch v South Africa at Christchurch.

twctopcat

International Regular
For pure reflexes Akash Chopra's catch at short leg from Kumble to get Inzy out in the 1st (?) test, great stuff.

tooextracool

International Coach
twctopcat said:
For pure reflexes Akash Chopra's catch at short leg from Kumble to get Inzy out in the 1st (?) test, great stuff.
akash chopra is the best fielder at short leg ive ever seen. i think his fielding adds a completely new dimension to the team. pity though theres so much talent in that team that he cant find a place in it.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Ebrahim (sp?) to dismiss Marto... grrrrr.

No, actually Im going with Pontings to get rid of Tendulkar. I havent seen many overseas catches, but this one was just freaky :blink:

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
kaifs catch in the 1st one-dayer against pakistan to dismiss shoaib malik. it is the best catch i have seen in 2004.

other mentions -

tendulkars catch in the 5th one-dayer against pakistan to dismiss inzamam
pontings catch in the vb series finals to dismiss tendulkar
brett lees catch in the 2nd vb series finals to dismiss tendulkar
laxmipathy balajis caught and bowled of ponting in the 1st one-dayer in the vb series

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brian Lara's one handed reflex grab at midwicket to dismiss Klusener in the 6th ODI in South Africa. After that, it has to Collingwood's catch off Gayle in the 5th ODI.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
NZ v S.A: 5th ODI at Eden Park

In Chris Harris's comeback match he took a catch full-stretch, horizontally in the air to dismiss Herschelle Gibbs.
I agree.As soon as he hit it,I thought "gah,4",but I didn't see harris there.

That catch was simply stunning.