• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

“Universally Challenged” Draft Idea

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another New Zealander for me, slow left armer David O'Sullivan - 11 Tests and 18 wickets at 68.00 to show for them

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Craig. Not only slated to be the next Bradman(like many early 50s Aussie bats who had a tiny bit of FC success) he was given the Australian test captaincy at 22 bloody years old.

However he averaged 19 from his 11 tests batting mainly at 4. I guess an early, mini version of Brearley(complete with winning captaincy record) except the Bradman comparisons really make his failure to score runs extra embarrassing.

a massive zebra

International Captain
SillyCowCorner1 times out.

My next pick is Louis Stricker, who played 13 tests for South Africa between 1910 and 1912, scoring 344 runs @ 14.33 with no fifties.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Round1
kingkallis - Ken Rutherford
Teuton - Rubel Hossain
marc71178 - Asoka de Silva
trundler - Parveez Maharoof
a massive zebra - Andy Whittall
SillyCowCorner1 - Brian Murphy
mr_mister - Ian Salisbury
Michaelf7777777 - Alex Moir
fredfertang - Lawrie Miller
MrPrez - Alok Kapali
Flem274 - blair pocock

Round 2
Flem274 - Matthew Hart
MrPrez - Khaled Mashud
fredfertang - David O'Sullivan
Michaelf7777777 - John Sparling
mr_mister - Ian Craig
SillyCowCorner1 - Raphick Jumadeen
a massive zebra - Louis Stricker
trundler - Mohammad Sami
marc71178 - Ken James
Teuton - Mark Dekker
kingkallis - Jehan Mubarak

Round 3
mr_mister - Mitch Marsh
trundler - Mohammad Ashraful
Flem274
Michaelf7777777
Teuton
fredfertang
marc71178
MrPrez
kingkallis
SillyCowCorner1
a massive zebra

Round 4
a massive zebra
SillyCowCorner1
kingkallis
MrPrez
marc71178
fredfertang
Teuton
Michaelf7777777
Flem274
trundler
mr_mister

Next up are:

trundler > marc71178 > Teuton

KingKallis, Flem274 and SillyCowCorner1 have catch up picks at their own convenience.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Every incompetent set of bowlers needs an incompetent keeper so I pick Ken James.

52 runs @ 4.72 plus only 16 dismissals in 11 matches is truly a great effort.