Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: *Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    That ****ing wack job is a born and raised Australian. It has zero to do with our country, other than our gun laws need tightening and subsequently will be.

So much knee jerking about the future of fixtures in this country. We were the most safe in the world until 2 days ago. One incident doesnt change it
    You'd expect that to happen in any country that isn't USA though
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    a boy was he, his name was trundler
    the day came, his mother's heart torn so asunder
    "I browse day to day the cricket vBulletin" he said
    "You're done" she said "for my son is dead"

we watched him grow with trembling anticipation
    only to watch him develop a perverse persuasion
    one of us is to blame, but lets not talk about names
    the hookers and crack he got from James

So much knee jerking about the future of fixtures in this country. We were the most safe in the world until 2 days ago. One incident doesnt change it
    Agreed. Nevertheless, from now on, there would be heavy security for visiting teams; no one is going to take any chances.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Well, he can’t really well go with the “she’ll be right” rhetoric.

The future image of armed security at NZ boutique grounds saddens me.
    That doesn't stack up at all. Bangladesh were not targeted, nor was it at a ground. They were, unluckily (and in the end, luckily not there earlier) near the mosque at the time of the killings. The fact that the third Test was scheduled in Chch and in fact was scheduled the next day was absolute coincidence. It could have been an international team without a single Muslim in their side. Pure coincidence of the FTP.

So by that token, do we expect much more heightened security at the World Cup? For England India and Australia here next summer? No, it won't happen.

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacifi...c5ea3348bb77fd

If I was going to knee jerk, I'd suggest Australia is where the heightened security should be? That's not a potshot at Australia, just saying. None of our politicians are blaming Muslims for their own deaths, either.

I'm really ****ing angry about this. Our wonderful country poisoned by one mentally weak and disturbed person. Anyone who thinks they have more right to live than anyone else is about as unintelligent a human being as you can get. If he was really brave with his views - or for anyone else - they should go into a mosque and share those views face to face.

Countries touring England didn't beef up security after the tube attacks in 05' or so. Visitors to France don't think twice, even after the Charlie Hebdo atrocities. Our country I would imagine has one of the lowest rates of terrorism and hate-based homicide in the world. We are a beautiful, safe, welcoming place. **** Tarrant, he was a lone wolf and now that his pathetic arse is behind bars our country is as safe as it always was.
    Grasshopper likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Doubt that somehow:

David White, the CEO of New Zealand Cricket, has said "everything changes now" in terms of security around sports teams coming to the country in the wake of the terror attack in Christchurch which killed 49 people and saw the Bangladesh squad come very close to being caught up in the mosque shooting near Hagley Oval.

"This is shocking. This will change the entire fabric of international sports hosting. I think everything changes now," he said. "We'll certainly be having to look at our security in depth. I think the idea of New Zealand being a safe haven is gone now."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26277558/christchurch-attack-changes-everything-team-security-nzc-ceo
    Nothing at all is said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Honestly. I know I'm prattling on...but the link between sport and that atrocity is a near miss from a team who happened to be in that town. The attack was originally planned to be in Dunedin but he changed his mind because of a facebook post. There is no reason to say something like White did. If the attack was carried out at 9am, there would literally be zero link.
    Grasshopper likes this.

Honestly. I know I'm prattling on...but the link between sport and that atrocity is a near miss from a team who happened to be in that town. The attack was originally planned to be in Dunedin but he changed his mind because of a facebook post. There is no reason to say something like White did. If the attack was carried out at 9am, there would literally be zero link.
    Yeah, it's just a horrible coincidence. I was in India in the late 80s, just about to head down to Sri Lanka for a couple of NZ tests there when a bomb went off in Colombo and the tour was cancelled. Nothing at all to do with the NZ side of course, but...consequences...

Safety isn't about reality, it's about perception. If someone has their house burgled, the next day they get new locks, a new security system and anything else to give them piece of mind. The likelihood of them being burgled hasn't changed, just their perception of it. NZ will be safer after the attack due to the inevitable security changes, but like it or not, peoples perceptions have changed.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 17-03-2019 at 02:28 AM.

I disagree, there are lots of practical measures that can be taken to improve safety and security. Tightening gun control, for a start.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 17-03-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    That ****ing wack job is a born and raised Australian. It has zero to do with our country, other than our gun laws need tightening and subsequently will be.

I hope those 2 blokes get shot. I'll certainly be encouraging anyone who spouts that nonsense when I get back to play in traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    k :) sounds good. u just want to have the most don't ya?? ;)
    Hehe - of course :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    u and ure eleven cricket balls........
    HEHE :D

You can finish up with a lot more ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Please sig this Dad.
    proudly supporting central districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162