• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Time to pull Taylor out of the slips I think. He's been a bit iffy for years, but it seems like his go to strategy for catching now is to bobble it and hope it goes straight up.

Flem274*

123/5
Time to pull Taylor out of the slips I think. He's been a bit iffy for years, but it seems like his go to strategy for catching now is to bobble it and hope it goes straight up.
knee jerk. he's been safe all season until today.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Really liking Lockie's line here. with his angle and erratic inward movement he can afford to hang it a touch wider than most.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
From what I can see, Taylor at slip is simply struggling with the high-speed edges off Ferguson. Understandable I guess, wonder if anyone could do a better job.

Winning comfortably yet we've conceded 19 extras and dropped three catches.

Jezroy

State Captain
I’m trying to figure out just how terribad Bangladesh are and how good India are. We made India look great, and we haven’t been that convincing against Badgladesh, but we’re making ‘em grovel.

Flem274*

123/5
we should play tastle every game at the world cup because our pace bowlers usually decimate the opposition before he gets a crack every game he plays

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Taylor reminds me of Amla at slip at the moment. On his heels quite often. Should use the baseball technique (Australian) to Lockie as the ball will be travelling very quickly

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
can commentators please be banned from calling reverse sweeps and lap shots "innovation" and "improvisation" when they've been standard for close to a decade now

vandem

International 12th Man
Is Astle competing with Sodhi for a seat on the plane or are we taking three spinners?
IMHO competing with Sodhi, but still an outside chance of taking a 3rd spinner as the 15th player.

Assume 1st choice XI will be like 1st ODI, Nicholls opening, de Grandhomme Neecham at #6 and #7 and sharing 10 overs, Santner as only spinner. Then add backup bastman (Munro), 2nd spinner (Astle I think slightly ahead), backup seamer (Southee). Then 15th player would be injury cover only, could be a 3rd spinner, a 2nd keeper, a 3rd all-rounder, a 2nd spare seamer, not many clues as to which option the selectors prefer.

But interesting that Milne is now playing, and has been added to NZ white ball teams before without much domestic play, so I suspect they'll take Milne (aggresive option) or Bracewell (safety option) as the 15th player.

Last edited: