• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
yeah tbh was just an observation more than trying to make any big point.

If there was a point, I guess it's that I thought the comments in the India ODI were a bit over the top because the more likely outcome is what happened, and people were talking like it was odds on we would have rolled through them with different bowlers
Yeah It's not like we would've had them for 150 with this lineup, but I think it's fair to say that with ferguson steaming in first change you're gonna get another early wicket or two on average compared to what we had that game

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I'm a little concerned that we aren't going to get much of a chance to test our 6,7,8 combo before the World Cup. I personally think Neesham, CdG and Santner is the best combo, but still would like to give it a good run before the lion's den.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
She's hard to get up for this series after that disappointing show vs. India. Really should be a sweep for NZ across the board (weather permitting) in our own conditions, unless we manage to present a dust-bowl wicket somewhere.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I appreciated the batsmanship, but that workmanlike chase in the first ODI didn’t help pique the interest, either.

Tbh it feels like the season is over already, now India have gone.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Feels like it's dragging on now. Third ODI series this home season plus Pakistan back in November. Hoping the tests will be enjoyable.

At least no T20

veganbob

U19 Captain
For once, I wish there was no tests.
The test series vs BDesh feels meaningless being so close to the world cup.
Id rather we played 5 or even 7 odis.

And I enjoyed that win. Good performance

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think it'd be more interesting if it were competetive as well. Sri Lanka was a relative cake walk (Mathews and Mendis notwithstanding), India pummelled us in a boring one sided series, and it looks like Bangladesh will be much like Sri Lanka. The highlight of the summer has been Boult's destruction of India in that one ODI.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would've preferred to have Tests right now, and the ODI series to finish off the home summer (and more or less finalise the WC squad).

thundaboult

International Debutant
I like how the much educated (and largely just motivated by common freakin sense) prediction of most of us saying that henry, boult and ferguson being our best seam attack is shaping up to be evident as hell now.

Mike5181

International Captain
Fringe and underperforming players are under a microscope at the moment and that's somewhat interesting to watch. I agree that it hasn't been the most exciting cricket we've seen, though.

thierry henry

International Coach
I too hate cricket #thisthread

nah **** the haterz, give me any cricket on the telly over the always premature return of Stupor Rugby

Athlai

Not Terrible
Trent Boult needs 3 more wickets in the next 3 innings (including this one) to have more wickets than Shane Bond.

Mildly insane to me.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't realise this had already started, sounds like Boult is on track for that record. He's found another leg the latter part of this summer, just as we were starting to wonder if his ODI bowling was losing a little spark.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What on earth happened with CDG that over - five wides! I see we've also dropped two catches - a bit slack.