• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mithun scoring runs is annoying me. Should've had Wagner bowling short at him earlier today as he's had problems against that all series.

And hes right to say no.
Henry has been neither good nor bad this series imo - I just wish he'd hit that great length attacking off-stump more frequently. He looks very good when he does that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That over a microcosm of Henry's inconsistency. Usually it doesn't go for that many runs, but we had:
- two good balls attacking the stumps
- two harmless bouncers outside off
- half volley on leg
- two short of a good length and wide enough outside off to cut.

Someone needs to do some sort of dry and stats-based moneyball thing with him to increase the percentage of good balls.

jcas0167

International Debutant
This hasn't been discussed yet?

Looking forward to seeing Young get a go.

But also makes me think, Kane is about the same age Martin Crowe was when he ****ed his knee. Got to make the most of it, as **** can get suddenly taken away from you.
Yeah, Crowe was unfortunate in that he injured his knee when a prop tipped him over his shoulder in the gym at High School. Then Graham Henry said he was ok to play and he badly injured it and never played rugby again. The knee wore out in his late 20's.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
That's a bit of a dampener for Bangladesh. They are better than this surely. The test match is going to be finished inside 3 days. Great result for us to keep our ranking and none of the teams are easy to beat. They have to work hard for it and I'll have to say although till the game is not over it's not over, this game was as good as over by yesterday. If we can do some miracle in SL and get a series win there it would be an amazing run. Have we got any cricket other than world cup prior to that series?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Wagner, really deserved the 10 he'd have had if he'd picked up the fifth in the first innings.

Good to force a victory in 3 days. Bangladesh pretty bad though and once again their batting wasted the start they got in the first innings.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Nice work NZ. Although Bangladesh gave away some easy wickets in the end.

Also, with that last wicket Wagner’s average dipped to just below Boult’s. 27.51 vs 27.54.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nice work NZ. Although Bangladesh gave away some easy wickets in the end.

Also, with that last wicket Wagner’s average dipped to just below Boult’s. 27.51 vs 27.54.
At one stage in this test Southee's was under 30. Not often we have three sub 30 average seamers in the same side with 100+ wickets each.