• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Saifuddin bloke can bat.

Mithun, on the other hand, seems to be finding it difficult to cut loose.

Mike5181

International Captain
Great recovery from Bangladesh. Neesham/CdG were a bit toothless but we can't do much about that.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
So after our last ODI, a lot of people said we ****ed up by not rolling India because we didn't select and/or didn't bowl our best bowlers and let things drift through the middle....

We have now picked the bowling line-up everyone has wanted and the exact same thing happened anyway....
not great logic from you which is weird. Picking this lineup has a greater chance of rolling them cheaply though ofc it won't always happen.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Our problem is Boult is the only one who can consistently blow through sides with spells like the 4th ODI vs India. Henry when he first started took a few 5fers iirc and Southee would wheel out stuff like the game vs England, but now it's all on Boult. Lockie is gun but generally takes 2 - 3 wickets at best.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Our problem is Boult is the only one who can consistently blow through sides with spells like the 4th ODI vs India. Henry when he first started took a few 5fers iirc and Southee would wheel out stuff like the game vs England, but now it's all on Boult. Lockie is gun but generally takes 2 - 3 wickets at best.
That's a pretty high bar to be setting. There's a reason those spells are so impressive, and that's because the almost never happen in modern odis.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
So after our last ODI, a lot of people said we ****ed up by not rolling India because we didn't select and/or didn't bowl our best bowlers and let things drift through the middle....

We have now picked the bowling line-up everyone has wanted and the exact same thing happened anyway....
The four frontline bowlers did take all the wickets for 177 though. Sorta the same problem but to a lesser degree, today.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
First hundred run opening partnership in our last 24 ODIs.

(That was Munro and Worker vs West Indies in Whangarei, by the way).

And it was another 37 ODIs before that for the previous one. So the second in 61 ODIs (mainly post-Baz).

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Starc can produce that kind of heat, and more importantly is capable of bowling 145+ for more than 4 or 5 overs a day. Let's see what kinds of numbers Lockie produces in his second spell.
You say this a lot but it isn't true anymore. I've watched many of his final spells this summer and slower balls aside they're 140+

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You say this a lot but it isn't true anymore. I've watched many of his final spells this summer and slower balls aside they're 140+
Little maths lesson for you: 145>140

Anyway, it’s pleasing to see Ferguson keeping it in the high 140’s late in the innings, literally the first time I’ve seen him bowl that quick late in an innings. Hope it continues.

Flem274*

123/5
Little maths lesson for you: 145>140

Anyway, it’s pleasing to see Ferguson keeping it in the high 140’s late in the innings, literally the first time I’ve seen him bowl that quick late in an innings. Hope it continues.
chill, i skim read posts on my phone

NZTailender

That's a pretty high bar to be setting. There's a reason those spells are so impressive, and that's because the almost never happen in modern odis.
Yeah 6-bugger all is a high bar to set, I'll admit. Looking at the stats Henry and Boult are high on NZs all time 4fer+ list (Boult second behind Bond, equal most 5fers with Hadlee). Henry hasn't played much recently but this summer has two 4fers. Hopefully these two will form a devastating new ball pair for us.

Southee hasn't taken a 4fer since WC vs England, and best figures since have been 3-22 vs Pakistan in a game affected by DL.

edit: misread Henry as having two 4fers this season. Saw two Pakistan matches in a row and assumed first was in November as well but was actually January this year, such was his gap and lack of game time.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Astle should be ahead of Sodhi in the WC race, but I guess that's not the case yet? I really like the way Santner has become the new Vettori - that was the expectation from him.

NZTailender

Dunno tbh. Astle has barely played any games. in that small sample size he's feasted on the Windies but against Pakistan and India has gone at 6+ runs per over. Astle deserves more game time but I really think Sodhi can do better.

thierry henry

International Coach
not great logic from you which is weird. Picking this lineup has a greater chance of rolling them cheaply though ofc it won't always happen.
yeah tbh was just an observation more than trying to make any big point.

If there was a point, I guess it's that I thought the comments in the India ODI were a bit over the top because the more likely outcome is what happened, and people were talking like it was odds on we would have rolled through them with different bowlers