• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Flem274*

123/5
Lol wtf happened here

And Kane hates leggies and to a lesser extent doesn't seem to rate any spinners at all. Only ever bowls his spinners when conditions absolutely demand it. He uses cdg for the quiet overs role and wagner for the long spells.

The Burgey of cricket captains.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
brother i was attacking new zealand cricket for not picking somers somerville and picking, i assume, some **** relation of nathan astle

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
iirc he trusted somers somerville when somers somerville was bowling new zealand to a historic test victory
Somers Somerville got to bowl 23 overs for Auckland today whereas he could've died of boredom playing for NZ here.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just Astle or does Williamson distrust all his spinners?
From memory Kane always bowled Ish his fair share, did he not? Obviously in NZ conditions, Kane doesn't see Astle as a threat. As someone said, he'd rather tie up an end with CdG and attack with Wagner when it's flat. Seems to work.

Bijed

International Regular
From memory Kane always bowled Ish his fair share, did he not? Obviously in NZ conditions, Kane doesn't see Astle as a threat. As someone said, he'd rather tie up an end with CdG and attack with Wagner when it's flat. Seems to work.
Fair, but you'd think he'll never get a better opportunity to at least have a decent look at Astle?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And I love me some Colin de like I love cold Tim Tams...but I don't share the furore around the declaration. Colin should've been out before 50, so was batting on borrowed time. He's got a Test 100. It's Bangladesh, and a very poor Bangladesh at that. Getting 100 here was never going to change his career path through confidence. Kane declared (after his milestone, yes) probably factoring in that they wanted to finish in 4 days to negate any weather issues on Monday. Yes, there's not likely to be any, but one more day of rest is always welcomed after a full summer too - and weather is unpredictable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kane declared at the drinks break, he reached 200 on the last stroke and the laughing gesture between CDG and Kane seemed to indicate he was declaring at the drinks break either way.

Im pretty sure they were aiming for 700 and the first hour after lunch rather than Kane getting 200.

Jezroy

State Captain
And I love me some Colin de like I love cold Tim Tams...but I don't share the furore around the declaration. Colin should've been out before 50, so was batting on borrowed time. He's got a Test 100. It's Bangladesh, and a very poor Bangladesh at that. Getting 100 here was never going to change his career path through confidence. Kane declared (after his milestone, yes) probably factoring in that they wanted to finish in 4 days to negate any weather issues on Monday. Yes, there's not likely to be any, but one more day of rest is always welcomed after a full summer too - and weather is unpredictable.
I guess that's the thing - If they were working to a timeframe and CDG knew it, not only did he know if he wanted a hundred he could go for it, but he also could have gone for McCullum's record of fastest test ton at one point (needed 29 off 8 I think?). But he didn't, in fact he faced a few dot balls. So I think he was quite happy to stat pad - that average is back up to 36.2 after such a horror run in the UAE.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tamim's dismissal would have to go down as one of the weirdest I have seen in test cricket. Aside from his periscoping habit I wonder what he was doing moving like that. The commentators wondered if he was pulling out at the last moment.

This pitch makes the Manuka pitch seem really lively.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I felt a bit for Colin,but it was hardly a big deal. Surprised people were actually up in arms about it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Soumya Sarkar (Sue Moussaka?). Bangladesh can gain some confidence with the bat this innings and be more competitive in the second test.