• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
You're correct. The fielder's last contact with the ground before taking the catch has to be inside the boundary.
I'm actually wrong. The key to the rule is the first contact. The first contact was within the field of play. Subsequent contacts don't matter, that makes sense. The upshot of the rule is that you can make first contact with the ball by jumping in and catching it, but you can catch it, throw it up, run out and jump back in to catch it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good platform, slightly slow but can boost that with a big finish. Neesham and De Grandhomme haven't had much to do this series so a chance for a good hit today.

These two could provide some fireworks themselves too if still in in ten overs.

Mike5181

International Captain
How does Styris watch Nicholls playing like this and still advocate for Munro in the opener's role?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Taylor on becoming our highest ever ODI run scorer. Amazing career. Has gone to another level in the last few years in ODI cricket, just peels of the centuries reliably, is a master of pacing an innings and has shown another gear with his hitting towards the end in the last 12 months or so. WAG.

thierry henry

International Coach
Maybe this isn't exactly a revelation but it's interesting looking at the list of our top ODI runscorers- it's pretty clear that more ODIs were played in the 90s/00s than the 00s/10s. Taylor/Williamson/Guptill lag a bit behind Fleming/Astle/McMillan in terms of ODIs played per year.

Like I know we have T20I now too, but I don't often hear people saying "man there just aren't many meaningless ODIs these days", despite there being a fair bit fewer than the past.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Quite the contrast between the excellent bowling performance by Saifuddin, even with that six, and the rest of Bangladesh's bowlers.

Latham + Neesham + CDG have done the job finishing the innings. GW.

thierry henry

International Coach
Doull's hate boner for CdG is so weird.
I don't think it's weird. CDG stinks....

...but seriously, putting aside the fact that I never have rated him and never will- it's actually kinda weird that he seems like a lock for the WC squad, because he's really done very little with the opportunities he has been (rather inexplicably) given over the last 2 years?

Both his ODI and T20I records are poor. He's basically being picked on Colin Munro-level "slogging that usually fails" but batting at number 7.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
You're correct. The fielder's last contact with the ground before taking the catch has to be inside the boundary.
This was a good workout for the middle-power order. Annoying that no one really kicked on, but those guys needed a good run at finishing an innings.

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't think it's weird. CDG stinks....

...but seriously, putting aside the fact that I never have rated him and never will- it's actually kinda weird that he seems like a lock for the WC squad, because he's really done very little with the opportunities he has been (rather inexplicably) given over the last 2 years?

Both his ODI and T20I records are poor. He's basically being picked on Colin Munro-level "slogging that usually fails" but batting at number 7.
Averaging 31 with the bat with a SR of 110 + having an ER with the ball of 4.8 in the last 2 years is fine, tbh. He's not world class but he provides the best balance in that role at the moment.

thierry henry

International Coach
Averaging 31 with the bat with a SR of 110 + having an ER with the ball of 4.8 in the last 2 years is fine, tbh. He's not world class but he provides the best balance in that role at the moment.
There is a subtle but distinct difference between these stats and his career stats, despite him playing...1 game?...before being reintroduced to the side, which suggests to me a cleverly selected cut off (plus ignoring bowling average) to make his numbers look as good as possible.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Agreed, plus he's got the x-factor and more likely to put the icing on the cake or finish a game off for you than someone like Bracewell. He might only do it 1 every 10 innings but if he wins us 1 game at the WC it's worth it.

thierry henry

International Coach
Agreed, plus he's got the x-factor and more likely to put the icing on the cake or finish a game off for you than someone like Bracewell. He might only do it 1 every 10 innings but if he wins us 1 game at the WC it's worth it.
If this is the logic for picking him then you are flat out picking him to be a poor man's Munro

thierry henry

International Coach
I've even evolved/devolved enough in my old age to accept that crap cricketers are now legit options in certain roles/formats, but our icing guy's record is pretty bad compared to the other icing guys going around. He just hasn't been very good at his job.