• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs Ireland at Dehradun

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Thursday 21-Sunday 24 February: Twenty20 3-match series
Thursday 28 February: 1st ODI
Monday 2 March: 2nd ODI
Thurday 5 March: 3rd ODI
Sunday 8 March: 4th ODI
Tuesday 10 March: 5th ODI
Friday 15-Tuesday 19 March: Only Test

All matches in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Afghanistan will dominate the ODI/T20 stuff then Ireland will crush the test.

Should be an interesting set of games

Last edited:

Starfighter

I expect Afghanistan to wipe the whole thing, conditions being in favour for their spin attack.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, so much cricket in Dehra Dun, could have used a few more venues.

mr_mister

I expect Afghanistan to wipe the whole thing, conditions being in favour for their spin attack.
Ah fair call I didn't even look at the location.

Ireland looked sooo much more test class in their first game though. Afghanistan batsmen just seemed to be lacking in FC experience, so many wild shots

mr_mister

I hope Afghanistan crush the ODI stuff then Ireland's odds balloon out for the test. Ill put a bet on and watch Shahzad and co try and hit everything for six

Starfighter

Will it, though? Dehra Dun is at an altitude and I don't expect March to be particularly hot.
Unless subcontintenal pitch preparation has changed I'd still expect it to be relatively bare, like Dharmasala has been even at cooler times.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Will it, though? Dehra Dun is at an altitude and I don't expect March to be particularly hot.
Is 700m really altitude?

Rashid ripped through Bangladesh here but tbf he doesn't really need that assisting pitches to wreck T20 stuff

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Ireland will struggle for penetration with the ball in the Test. Somebody like Tim Murtagh is unlikely to thrive in the sort of conditions that are expected, and Rankin will probably break himself within 5 or 6 overs

Starfighter

That's the other thing, Ireland's attack is rather non-threatening pace wise and I suspect they'll also continue to be idiots by omitting McCarthy. Otoh it seems all the Afghanistan names I know are injured or otherwise absent and idk if they've found anything other than a surname for Wafadar.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That's the other thing, Ireland's attack is rather non-threatening pace wise and I suspect they'll also continue to be idiots by omitting McCarthy. Otoh it seems all the Afghanistan names I know are injured or otherwise absent and idk if they've found anything other than a surname for Wafadar.
Anyone know the squads? Would be useful

Borges

International Regular
They may not be able to produce a rank turner; but they can still produce a road that negates quick bowling.

Look at what happened to the damp table top ground at Krishnagiri: Ranji Quarters and semi: 66 of the 69 wickets to fall went to the quicks, with the games getting over in two days. BCCI wasn't happy about these pitches and subsequently shifted the second A team game against the England cubs to Mysore. Then they prepared a slow road for the IA vs ECubs game: over 1100+ runs for 21 wickets in four days.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Preferred him without one tbh