• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs Ireland at Dehradun

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't have helped the decline much, though.

They have a solid FC system in place. I'm backing them to unearth some decent players in the next 5 years or so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn’t be so sure. Underestimating the benefits they had from the English system that they now lose.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn’t be so sure. Underestimating the benefits they had from the English system that they now lose.
I suppose, but they had to stand on their own two feet eventually if they were ever going to be recognised as a bonafide Test nation. At least they now have a better chance of hanging on to their best players.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Small sample size but Zazai is averaging 4 sixes every international game at present, and 81% of the runs he has scored have been a 4 or a 6.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Small sample size but Zazai is averaging 4 sixes every international game at present, and 81% of the runs he has scored have been a 4 or a 6.
He's very powerful, and most of his big shots are on the leg side. He's young. I just hope he doesn't stop developing other sides of his game. He should follow how Hetmyer is developing. I hope Zazai doesn't become a one-trick pony like Afridi's batting.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trundlers like Murtagh almost never cut it at ODI level. You often see bowlers like him succeeding at Associate level. Wonder why that is.