• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs Ireland at Dehradun

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I think Afghans will win as well, but looking forward to a competitive match. With both WI and BD moving up a notch in terms of quality in recent days, both Afghanistan and Ireland have some catching up to do. SL continue to fall though.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
SL sliding into the doldrums at a rapid rate, good chance for Ireland and Afghanistan to climb, howveer worries me slightly that Ireland seem to only be pencilling in 4 day tests..?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
[h=1]Squads[/h]For Afghanistan T20s: Paul Stirling (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, Peter Chase, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Josh Little, Andrew McBrine, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, James Shannon, Simi Singh, Harry Tector, Stuart Thompson, Lorcan Tucker

For Afghanistan ODIs: William Porterfield (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, James Cameron-Dow, Peter Chase, George Dockrell, Andrew McBrine, Barry McCarthy, James McCollum, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker

For Afghanistan Test: William Porterfield (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, James Cameron-Dow, George Dockrell, Andrew McBrine, Barry McCarthy, James McCollum, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Stuart Thompson, Lorcan Tucker

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
T20I squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Usman Ghani, Najeeb Tarakai, Hazratullah Zazai, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafaq, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Farid Malik, Sayed Shirzad, Zia-Ur-Rehman, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Zahir Khan, Sharafuddin Ashraf

ODI squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Noor Ali Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Ali Khil, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Aftab Alam, Dawlat, Zahir Khan, Farid Malik, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Shapoor Zadran, Sayed Shirzad

Test squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Ihsan Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Nasir Jamal, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Ali Khil, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Wafadar Momand, Yamin Ahmadzai, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Waqar Salamkheil

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
T20I squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Usman Ghani, Najeeb Tarakai, Hazratullah Zazai, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafaq, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Farid Malik, Sayed Shirzad, Zia-Ur-Rehman, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Zahir Khan, Sharafuddin Ashraf

ODI squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Noor Ali Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Ali Khil, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Aftab Alam, Dawlat, Zahir Khan, Farid Malik, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Shapoor Zadran, Sayed Shirzad

Test squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Ihsan Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Nasir Jamal, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Ali Khil, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Wafadar Momand, Yamin Ahmadzai, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Waqar Salamkheil
Quite a surprise that Mujeeb is not in the squad.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm wondering what's happened to Shapoor and Dawlat Zadran, as well as Hamid Hassan? Are they completely out of favour? Ahmadzai looked good in the India test I thought

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Hamid has alwaysh had a horrendous record with injuries, his knees are shot to bits i believe? shame as he is very talented all-round cricketer

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm wondering what's happened to Shapoor and Dawlat Zadran, as well as Hamid Hassan? Are they completely out of favour? Ahmadzai looked good in the India test I thought
Shapoor and Dawlat are both in the ODI squad, Ahmadzai and Salamkheil both have better FC records than Shapoor while Dawlat's fitness to get through a test is probably doubtful. Wafadar doesn't have much behind him though.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I'm sure Dehradun is a lovely place but being there for a month is a bit extreme. (I should probably check the squads to see how many players play all three formats...)

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm sure Dehradun is a lovely place but being there for a month is a bit extreme. (I should probably check the squads to see how many players play all three formats...)
If you have to spend a month or longer somewhere in India then Dehradun is a nice place to pitch your tent. The town itself is large enough to have typical modern attraction but not large enough to become a sensory overload. Being located in Shivalik hills means attractions in the upper ranges of Himalayas are accessible on a day excursion. The stadium itself is beautiful and intimate.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want to know if this is on Fox Sports or not. Would love to catch some of it.
They usually always play all ODIs of test playing nations and tests right? I guess there could be an exception as they were minnows last year but I reckon there would a lot of interest in seeing this for many