cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: *Official* Afghanistan vs Ireland at Dehradun

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Will it, though? Dehra Dun is at an altitude and I don't expect March to be particularly hot.
    They may not be able to produce a rank turner; but they can still produce a road that negates quick bowling.

Look at what happened to the damp table top ground at Krishnagiri: Ranji Quarters and semi: 66 of the 69 wickets to fall went to the quicks, with the games getting over in two days. BCCI wasn't happy about these pitches and subsequently shifted the second A team game against the England cubs to Mysore. Then they prepared a slow road for the IA vs ECubs game: over 1100+ runs for 21 wickets in four days.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Asghar Afghan's team by a whisker
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    That's the other thing, Ireland's attack is rather non-threatening pace wise and I suspect they'll also continue to be idiots by omitting McCarthy. Otoh it seems all the Afghanistan names I know are injured or otherwise absent and idk if they've found anything other than a surname for Wafadar.
    Preferred him without one tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Usman probably figured he could use the zing bails to deflect the ball over the fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    Preferred him without one tbh
    Same

Expecting Afghanistan to just about walk this even though my heart wants both sides to win.

International Regular
    I see the test starts on St Paddy's Day

International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    Yes, I think Afghans will win as well, but looking forward to a competitive match. With both WI and BD moving up a notch in terms of quality in recent days, both Afghanistan and Ireland have some catching up to do. SL continue to fall though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    During a game you might have a BBQ, you might go to the beach. You'll most likely do shopping. You'll meet your mates at the bar. You might even go to the game live. You'll watch it on TV, at times, the radio at other times or follow it on the internet when out and about. You'll even play the game yourself in the backyard or the beach. And still the game goes on.

Cricket is slowly digested. Baseball doesn't have a thing on test cricket.

U19 Debutant
    SL sliding into the doldrums at a rapid rate, good chance for Ireland and Afghanistan to climb, howveer worries me slightly that Ireland seem to only be pencilling in 4 day tests..?

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    please note the changed schedule.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/46861269
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Dan
    Squads

For Afghanistan T20s: Paul Stirling (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, Peter Chase, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Josh Little, Andrew McBrine, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, James Shannon, Simi Singh, Harry Tector, Stuart Thompson, Lorcan Tucker

For Afghanistan ODIs: William Porterfield (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, James Cameron-Dow, Peter Chase, George Dockrell, Andrew McBrine, Barry McCarthy, James McCollum, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker

For Afghanistan Test: William Porterfield (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, James Cameron-Dow, George Dockrell, Andrew McBrine, Barry McCarthy, James McCollum, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Stuart Poynter, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Stuart Thompson, Lorcan Tucker
    Magrat Garlick likes this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Prince EWS you are a ****ing piece of ****, I hope you die soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Dan
    T20I squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Usman Ghani, Najeeb Tarakai, Hazratullah Zazai, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafaq, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Farid Malik, Sayed Shirzad, Zia-Ur-Rehman, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Zahir Khan, Sharafuddin Ashraf

ODI squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Noor Ali Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Ali Khil, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Aftab Alam, Dawlat, Zahir Khan, Farid Malik, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Shapoor Zadran, Sayed Shirzad

Test squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Ihsan Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Nasir Jamal, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Ali Khil, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Wafadar Momand, Yamin Ahmadzai, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Waqar Salamkheil
    Magrat Garlick likes this.

Dan
    No Bahir Shah is disappointing.
    weldone likes this.

State Vice-Captain Second Spitter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    I just hope it isn't a draw. If two teams with no test wins are to face each other, one of them may as well get their first win.
    At the very least there is a guaranteed loser...... Test Cricket.
    Last edited by Second Spitter; 12-02-2019 at 03:07 AM.

International Debutant CricAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    T20I squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Usman Ghani, Najeeb Tarakai, Hazratullah Zazai, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafaq, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Farid Malik, Sayed Shirzad, Zia-Ur-Rehman, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Zahir Khan, Sharafuddin Ashraf

ODI squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Noor Ali Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Ali Khil, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Aftab Alam, Dawlat, Zahir Khan, Farid Malik, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Shapoor Zadran, Sayed Shirzad

Test squad: Asghar Afghan (capt), Mohammad Shahzad, Ihsan Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Nasir Jamal, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Ali Khil, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Wafadar Momand, Yamin Ahmadzai, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Waqar Salamkheil
    Quite a surprise that Mujeeb is not in the squad.

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    McCarthy absolutely should play the Test

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information