• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee vs Allan Donald

Who was the better fast bowler

• Brett Lee

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Allan Donald

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

slippy888

International Captain
Who was the better fast bowler for you both these guys where fearsome bowlers at the top of there game.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Brett Lee is no match for Donald.
If it was his brother competing against Donald.. then the story will be different. Bruce Lee what a legend.

Chrish

International Debutant
As great as Donald was, he wasn’t that effective against Australia who were the best players of pace bowling in that era. That does count against him.

Although one can argue he missed out on few prime years without fault of his own.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Donald by plenty in tests, but close for ODIs
Yeah it's actually very close for ODIs. Lee with the new ball around 2003 is the closest to unplayable I've seen a fast bowler, along with flashes of Shane Bond.

Lee was **** in Tests though. Lucky to get so many games for Australia tbh

the big bambino

International Captain
As great as Donald was, he wasn’t that effective against Australia who were the best players of pace bowling in that era. That does count against him.

Although one can argue he missed out on few prime years without fault of his own.
Well yes and no. He played against Australia in his prime years as a pace bowler. For eg he played against the rebel Aussies when very young and wasn't that effective. he played against the Aust test team at age 35 and wasn't effective either. But that's excusable. I rate Donald's record v Australia in his prime years 27 to 31 yo. He played 11 tests, took 48 wickets (from memory) and averaged around 28. Australia had arguably its best ever batting line up at the time and in that context Donald's record against them is impressive. It because of the strength of the opposition he faced I favour him over Steyn.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha. That explains it. I like your CW memes thread.
Haha my designs in that thread are god-awful. It's actually a signwriting/clothing company, I have nothing to do with the t-shirt printing personally, but could knock up a decent CW sign if needed.