• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee vs Allan Donald

Who was the better fast bowler

• Brett Lee

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Allan Donald

Votes: 41 83.7%

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're on drugs if you think Lee was even in the same galaxy of a fast bowler that Donald was in Tests. Even in ODI's you've got problems.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Donald is underrated in general. I would even go as far as saying he is South Africa's best post readmission bowler, just slightly ahead of Steyn. Lee was an absolute weapon in ODI cricket, but he isn't anywhere near Donald in Test cricket.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Lee could've been far better if handled the right way. Guy lacked absolutely nothing, had an action as grooved and rhythmic as Donald, certainly was 5-10 clicks faster than even prime-Donald, could move the ball prodigiously. If I remember right, Donald was fairly erratic until '93 or so too, but all those years honing his craft on the first class scene eventually paid off.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Lee feels so... unfulfilled tbh. I think part of that is the role he was asked to play, but he should have been much closer to ODI Lee in Tests than he was.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lee feels so... unfulfilled tbh. I think part of that is the role he was asked to play, but he should have been much closer to ODI Lee in Tests than he was.
Yeah would agree with this. Very talented but not the smartest tool in the shed and didn't seem too suited to being the shock bowler/attack dog 3rd quick rather than a genuine opening option.

IMO if you swapped him and Johnson's careers they'd have done quite a bit better.