• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

SeamUp

International Coach
Agreed. Playing Mulder is the only way that we can get four seamers and a spinner in the side. I completely understand how tempting it is to play all four of the Steyn/Phliander/Rabada/Olivier, but it's just not worth weakening the batting to get all of them into the side.
I do wonder if there is any managing work-loads with Philander, Steyn, Rabada and they want Olivier to do the dirty work ie put the weight on Sri Lankans back-foot

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He looks the perfect SL domestic bowler, but I'm unconvinced by what I've seen in the 9 balls of him I watched.
Probably a bit green for test level atm, especially as the lone spinner in a place like SA, has some likeable qualities though

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I do wonder if there is any managing work-loads with Philander, Steyn, Rabada and they want Olivier to do the dirty work.
Fair enough.... But how often in SA are our 3 speedsters going much passed 20 overs an innings, Mulder could more than cover that with a few overs. And then also stop playing Rabada in every damn LO's game.

Bolo

State Captain
I'd rather they play 5 bowlers than continue grinding Rabada into dust. This is a long year of cricket. It's pretty dense in terms of any single game though.

Anyway, it's utterly senseless not to play Mulder here. All the quicks look basically undroppable and they arent willing to make a tough call, but draw a name out of a hat and it's a stronger team (except maybe for rabada, who they probably wouldn't drop due to quotas anyway).

MrPrez

International Debutant
I'd rather they play 5 bowlers than continue grinding Rabada into dust. This is a long year of cricket. It's pretty dense in terms of any single game though.

Anyway, it's utterly senseless not to play Mulder here. All the quicks look basically undroppable and they arent willing to make a tough call, but draw a name out of a hat and it's a stronger team (except maybe for rabada, who they probably wouldn't drop due to quotas anyway).
To be honest, dropping Rabada for Mulder would make sense fthis series so that Rabada can get a bit of rest.

You have to back Steyn/Philander/Olivier/Maharaj, with Mulder as a fifth option, to handle this Sri Lankan batting line-up with ease.

Borges

International Regular
QdK back among the runs is the biggest thing to happen for South African cricket. After the return of an injury-free Steyn.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Horrible cricket all round. One of the worst shots you'll see all day. Dropped the simplest of catches. **** me.