• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Shocking news. SA pace battery had potential to be something similar to the WI pace battery of yore, but all these guys leaving at their peak is just sad.

Dendarii

International Debutant
SA pace battery had potential to be something similar to the WI pace battery of yore,
I think it still does. I doubt Ngidi is going anywhere, and while he has been talked up quite a bit because he hasn't been playing, Nortje shows a lot of promise. And you'd have to think that South Africa won't stop producing quality fast bowlers any time soon. So the pace battery looks well stocked even Morkel and Olivier gone and Steyn and Philander coming towards the end of their careers.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think it still does. I doubt Ngidi is going anywhere, and while he has been talked up quite a bit because he hasn't been playing, Nortje shows a lot of promise. And you'd have to think that South Africa won't stop producing quality fast bowlers any time soon. So the pace battery looks well stocked even Morkel and Olivier gone and Steyn and Philander coming towards the end of their careers.
Nortje bowled pretty good today.... same as Ngidi, came back into their domestic setups and immediately showed their class.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Haysman saying no-one would leave Markram out. Well then that's either Amla or Klaasen that must yield?

SeamUp

International Coach
Good start by the Uitenhague bomber. Despite the boundary from a good hook shot he was through them once or twice for speed.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Both of those already don't go for me.
Agree. I`m hoping Duminy comes good soon, because I don't know if we can leave out both Amla and Duminy from an experience point of view.

This squad picked for entire series or for just the first 2 games?

SeamUp

International Coach
Agree. I`m hoping Duminy comes good soon, because I don't know if we can leave out both Amla and Duminy from an experience point of view.

First 3 games I think. Looks like it is all about the all-rounder shoot-out.

SeamUp

International Coach
Probably give Nortje 1 more or get him out now. Nice short spells. He hasn't been bad but it is his debut and any width with that pace travels.

These 2 are unorthodox batsmen. It is when we are out our worst as a bowling unit.

SeamUp

International Coach

Hopefully Markram continues scoring runs and forces the issue.....
I reckon Duminy is the 15th spot.

1 bat for 1 all-rounder then. Markram ?

That is probably your 15 but my wildcard is Georgie Linde but has to knock the door down.

SeamUp

International Coach
Shamsi needs to be able to come into the attack and make an impact like Immie.

Miller is a class fieldsman. Those bits of fielding change games and even more so WC time.

Last edited: