cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: *Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

International Vice-Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    Genuinely fear for SL this series. SA will provide their usual seaming up and down trash and after the difficulties SL had with the short ball at Manuka I wonder how they'll fare.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Hope these SL boys surprise us.

They have a knack at being mystics
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

This will be a total blood bath

Quote Originally Posted by SillyCowCorner1 View Post
    Lasith Embuldeniya is one of the guys I am looking forward to see bowl. Don't know how effective his SLA's will be against SA.

A FC avg of 20, with a strike rate of 39.

Hope he is Herath's replacement.

All the best
    Ya good call to drop Dilruwan. He's quite hopeless on the road. As are more of our spinners. Not holding my breath regarding any of these domestic spin kings. Pushpakumara also had incredible stats but does jack all with the ball

Eh, if there's any area I think Sri Lanka can dare to dream with it's their spin stocks. I don't see any point in dropping batsmen or quicks for "underperforming" when that's clearly just the standard of player they're producing (or in fact way above the curve in Chandimal's case ffs), but there's more chance one of these domestic spin kings is actually good IMO, even if it's clearly not Pushpakumara.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

I remain hopeful that either T Kaushal or Akila can come back strong with a reformed action, obviously not this series though.
    YorksLanka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawood Ahmad View Post

Hamish, no body knows even name of him
    But Ponting, there's great fame of him

Thrimanne impressed me in the most recent test
    cricket rules brah

No real surprises to the test squad. Wiaan Mulder added to the main 12 in squad v Pakistan. He needs cricket though.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) today called up 20-year-old bizhub Highveld Lions all-rounder Wiaan Mulder to the Standard Bank Proteas Test squad for the two-match Castle Lager Series against Sri Lanka starting next week.

Mulder was previously included in the squad for the Test Series against Australia last year but has still to make his debut, having been ruled out by injury for much of the current South African season.

This is the only addition to the Proteas Test squad that scored a clean sweep 3-0 series victory over Pakistan earlier this season.

“Wiaan has been part of our strategic thinking in developing a batting all-rounder for the Test squad for some time,” commented selection panel convener Linda Zondi. “His injury in the white ball series against Zimbabwe last year came at an unfortunate time and we are gradually working him back into the Proteas set-up.

“We never want to rush players back from injury because that can be counter-productive, but he has now had a couple of good weeks of action in the 4-Day Domestic Series.

“For the same reason we are not going to rush Lungi Ngidi back into international action until he has had the time to gain full match fitness.

“After the convincing victory against Pakistan the selectors are looking to exercise consistency in the squad and at the same time to strengthen it through the inclusion of Mulder,” concluded Mr. Zondi.
    The Proteas Test squad is:

Faf du Plessis (Multiply Titans, capt), Hashim Amla (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Temba Bavuma (bizhub Highveld Lions), Theunis de Bruyn (Multiply Titans), Quinton de Kock (Multiply Titans), Dean Elgar (Multiply Titans), Zubayr Hamza (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Keshav Maharaj (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Aiden Markram (Multiply Titans), Wiaan Mulder (bizhub Highveld Lions), Duanne Olivier (VKB Knights), Vernon Philander (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Kagiso Rabada (bizhub Highveld Lions), Dale Steyn (Multiply Titans)
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

Mulder hasn't replaced anyone in the squad, and there was sufficient backup already. So could that be an indication that he's being brought into the squad to go straight into the team? That would be a little tough on Hamza, but he probably only got an opportunity because of Mulder's injury, and obviously Mulder's bowling would also be a factor in his selection.

I'm thinking

Elgar
    Markram
    Amla
    de Bruyn
    Faf
    Bavuma
    QdK
    Philander
    Steyn
    Rabada
    Olivier/Maharaj

Hamza and Mulder are genuinely in their thinking but I don't see the reason to pick de Bruyn if he wasn't going to start ?

Maybe they get their chance in the 2nd test even if series not won ? Faf talking lots about fatigue. Been a busy summer.

Mulder has been around the camp for the LO stuff and not really been picked... maybe they are just working with him on certain aspects of his batting/bowling? Getting him in and around the squad.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Mulder has been around the camp for the LO stuff and not really been picked... maybe they are just working with him on certain aspects of his batting/bowling? Getting him in and around the squad.
    I think up to the current point they have managed him well in his injury recovery. But now that he is fit and ready to go and if he isn't in the 12 for the first test I would definitely let him play for the Lions.

This would have been a good, no-risk, opportunity to try out a number of fresh young players; and give Rabada a well earned rest.
    Hopefully, both Hamza and Mulder would be in the starting eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Eh, if there's any area I think Sri Lanka can dare to dream with it's their spin stocks. I don't see any point in dropping batsmen or quicks for "underperforming" when that's clearly just the standard of player they're producing (or in fact way above the curve in Chandimal's case ffs), but there's more chance one of these domestic spin kings is actually good IMO, even if it's clearly not Pushpakumara.
    I think that guy was A-Killa, was maturing nicely before the rug was pulled.

I am super worried about how effective he will be with the new action. Live in hope.

How are SL playing the tests without even a warm up? There is a warm-up L/O game >AFTER< the tests??
    I can count the people on one hand, can't be more than thirty...
    Michael Abrahamson

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information