• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vern is an expert at setting up the batsman. Steyn breathing fire from the other end. The boys are back in business.

OverratedSanity

Rabada has looked a little meh. Don't think he looked quite at his best against Pakistan either. He probably doesn't need to play the next test if SA win here.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada has looked a little meh. Don't think he looked quite at his best against Pakistan either. He probably doesn't need to play the next test if SA win here.
He has looked on/off. He seems to do better as the leader of the attack than as the 3rd seamer. He still took the 2nd highest number of wickets during Pak series though. Unfortunately he plays, unless injured, in tests.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Absolutely love watching Dhanjaya De Silva bat,just looks like he has so much time.Reckon his fathers passing probably set him back a bit,looks back at it now.

vcs

Ambuldeniya is such a great name. Time to bump the "Cricketers with Badass Names" thread.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Ambuldeniya is such a great name. Time to bump the "Cricketers with Badass Names" thread.
It's actually Embuldeniya, I believe. There was something on Cricinfo's live commentary around it being a fault in their system and something that they're trying to fix.

Heboric

International Debutant
Pity Iceland dont play cricket. I would love to listen to the commentary between Iceland and Sri Lanka. Or maybe soccer rather, does Sri Lanka play soccer ?

Dendarii

International Debutant
Pity Iceland dont play cricket. I would love to listen to the commentary between Iceland and Sri Lanka. Or maybe soccer rather, does Sri Lanka play soccer ?
This may be apocryphal, but apparently there was once a rugby sevens match between Sri Lanka and Samoa in which the commentator gave up trying to refer to the players by name and starting using their numbers.

trundler

Steyn fifer please. He has bowled cleverly and with great venom. Great display of pace bowling. Glad to see Oliver's hacky bouncers didn't work as well today. Think Pakistan's utterly inept batsman threw away their wickets to him. Of course he bowled well but I'd like to see how goes pitching it up. The shorter stuff works against feeble batting lineups like Pakistan, sure.

trundler

Boo. No Steyn fifer. Valiant knock from Embuldeniya. Could be huge. Only 2 short of his highest FC score.