• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chappell-Hadlee Trophy announced

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich, it goes like this:

2004: NZ tour Aus for 3 ODI's
2005: Aus tour NZ for 3 ODI's
2006 onwards: 2 matches in Aus, 1 match in NZ
and then the following year 2 matches in NZ, 1 in Aus etc

Linda

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
And you would've got away with iit but for those pesky kids!
I would much rather have had the Kiwis here instead of the Pakistani's, but I guess we'll get a VB series game... perhaps. I hear thats been shortened too!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I agree with everything in that post, actually - it would be great to see a combined domestic season.
it would also extend the Aussie domestic season nicley and shouldn't lower the standard too much as the NZ teams would bring completley new players in (though it may take them a season or 2 to get used to the competition) the Aussie domestic season is really too short with only 5 oponents

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It would most likely be a NZ 'A' team that joined the Aus comp.

It would most likely feature a few Black Caps, but probably not all of them...they need to keep some in our comp to get the standard up here.

But i'd say NZ would have the makings of a good 'A' side to contest against the Aussie state teams.

Craig

World Traveller
I would love to see a New Zealand 'A' side in the Australian domestic scene, it will go back to the early 70s when NZ had a team that played in the McDonalds Cup IIRC (1d game) and won it a few times.

However it could be a costly and logical nightmare.

Andre

International Regular
age_master said:
it would also extend the Aussie domestic season nicley and shouldn't lower the standard too much as the NZ teams would bring completley new players in (though it may take them a season or 2 to get used to the competition) the Aussie domestic season is really too short with only 5 oponents
I don't agree with that. I think the fact that there are only 10 FC matches for each state is what makes the compeition so competitive - all players are hungyr to perform because the chances aren't as frequent.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Andre said:
I don't agree with that. I think the fact that there are only 10 FC matches for each state is what makes the compeition so competitive - all players are hungyr to perform because the chances aren't as frequent.

Hits the nail on the head - the main criticism of our County Cricket is too many players and too many games - citing the Aussie system where there's fewer chances so people have to battle to make each one count as the way to go.

Craig

World Traveller
That and 'hangers on' like Peter Bowler and David Byas (before he retired) who had/have no chance of playing for England, continuely playing just for the sake of doing it.

anzac

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Hits the nail on the head - the main criticism of our County Cricket is too many players and too many games - citing the Aussie system where there's fewer chances so people have to battle to make each one count as the way to go.
I don't see that an extra 2 - 4 matches for each side (depending on number of teams increased by) is going to have any detrimental impact on the Aussie calendar etc............

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Of course, this is Australia. They wanted another 1-3 teams in the Super 12 and they have the NRL which has 15-18 teams a year (it constantly changes). While that's rugby/league, Aussie-NZ competitions at any level can always bring out a crowd a bit larger than your average domestic game. Trans-Tasman rivalry is like... uh... hmm. Hard to translate it to the English point of view. x_x

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
I dont think england really has a "friend" as close as nz and aus have..

its like it for All sport events.. and we play each other so much in various sports its kinda amazing this didnt happen sooner..

Making a domestic comp between the two countries would be really good.. but i dont think that it will happen purely to the size of it.

I mean for a few sports we have 1 team in aussies domestic comp aswell as having our own domestic comp (Rugby Leauge, Soccer, Basketball) .. soccer and basketball.. we not doing TO well.. but those 2 sports are very very minor sports in our country (Althou our team in the aussie basketball sucks.. our domestic comp is actually rather high quality).
Then there are the warriors.. ok they are having the worst season this year ever lol (last 2-3 years they been up the top of the table and made it to the grand final like 2 years ago)

Super 12 Rugby: (5 New Zealand teams...4 South Africa Teams.. and 3 Aussie Teams)

So it would be good to have.. but i dont think it would happen ..

I mean u could have a super 12 stylez of cricket to if u really wanted (4 teams from each country) But.. i dont think that it will happen lol