• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath and Other Predictions

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well life is about taking risks and with that in mind, I'm going to make a prediction; Glenn McGrath will have close to his best year ever this year. I don't care that he's 34 years old or anything like that. I reckon he's primed for a huge year at international level.

He's even let his hair grow a little longer so he's lost that ridiculous Herman Munster variant he's had for ages. I think he's more relaxed than he's ever been (especially in interviews) so I'm tipping a big year.

Anyone want to stick their necks out for a big prediction? :cool:

krkode

State Captain
I concur. Glenn McGrath is the man!

If ever he's had a good year, I predict it'll be now. Some people get worse with age, but guys like him just get better with age...

I also think Australia will lose to India on their tour that's coming up soon. :happy:

Sehwag309

Banned
krkode said:
I concur. Glenn McGrath is the man!

If ever he's had a good year, I predict it'll be now. Some people get worse with age, but guys like him just get better with age...

I also think Australia will lose to India on their tour that's coming up soon. :happy:
I feel that too but McGrath, Warne can come up with surprises. With Aus/Ind, you never know who will be the hero

Craig

World Traveller
Well he has Tests against Zimbabwe (providing it goes ahead), Sri Lanka, India, New Zealand, Pakistan to be played this year.

He'll likely to take quite a few v Zimbabwe (as above) and Sri Lanka, India maybe not, and if NZ play him like they did last time, chances are he wont, Pakistan more then likely yes.

Craig

World Traveller
If you remember what happened last time around when they played in Colombo and Sharjah, Warne might be the sole destorier.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I predict he'll break down around halfway through the year (as in, a year of playing), and will seriously contemplate retirement.

Not that I hope this will happen, of course, but Warne's comeback after a long layoff is very different in so many respects. Historically, such things don't bode well for fast bowlers, and even when you think about Lillee's comeback, he was a fair bit younger than McGrath. It would be great to see him prove me wrong though.

Waughney

International Debutant
McGrath wont burst back onto the scene like Warne, he plays a lot better after having match practise so he'll just ease back in and start taking wickets consistently (hopefully :D )

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Craig said:
If you remember what happened last time around when they played in Colombo and Sharjah, Warne might be the sole destorier.
Actually I didn't. Lucky enough to see few games in North America

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i agree on McGrath.

Martyn wont be playing in both forms for Australia

Murali will tour Australia and whinge about the crowds no balling him

Clarke will be getting very close to the test side (but not be there yet)

Warne will take a hattrick including the wicket of tendulkar

Australia will whitewash India in india, Lehmann will dominate and score a double ton during the series

Katich will take more test wickets than macgill

twctopcat

International Regular
Unfortunately for the vast majority of batsmen across the world i have to agree that Mcgrath will be back better than ever, which won't bode well for next ashes series. He is the only bowler around with the stature and dominance that Walsh had and i'm sure he will go on as long as Walsh.

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
i agree on McGrath.

Martyn wont be playing in both forms for Australia
Not a chance in hell IMO unless injured or for some other reason/s.

age_master said:
Murali will tour Australia and whinge about the crowds no balling him
He has said he wont be touring and it seems unlikely he will change his mind.

age_master said:
Clarke will be getting very close to the test side (but not be there yet)
Unlikely.

age_master said:
Warne will take a hattrick including the wicket of tendulkar
As above.

age_master said:
Australia will whitewash India in india, Lehmann will dominate and score a double ton during the series
Very, very remote about the whitewash part.

Sehwag309

Banned
Craig said:
Not a chance in hell IMO unless injured or for some other reason/s.

He has said he wont be touring and it seems unlikely he will change his mind.

Unlikely.

As above.

Very, very remote about the whitewash part.
I assumed he was seriously joking :wacko:

Neil Pickup said:
You have to remember that his world starts at Cairns and ends at Hobart.
But which way does it go? I'm all for getting rid of bloody all of New South Wales, Brisbane and the rest of Queensland.

Go Victoria. Go Western Australia. Can I get an amen? Cheers.

Sudeep

International Captain
This will be Warney and McGrath's year. But Brett Lee too will return as good as new from injury.

I don't see Clarke making the Aussie Test side yet, at least not until the Australian summer season.

Katich should score lots of runs.

Last edited: