• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath and Other Predictions

Andre

International Regular
Top_Cat said:
Well life is about taking risks and with that in mind, I'm going to make a prediction; Glenn McGrath will have close to his best year ever this year. I don't care that he's 34 years old or anything like that. I reckon he's primed for a huge year at international level.

He's even let his hair grow a little longer so he's lost that ridiculous Herman Munster variant he's had for ages. I think he's more relaxed than he's ever been (especially in interviews) so I'm tipping a big year.

Anyone want to stick their necks out for a big prediction? :cool:
Well, I do remember very early on in the innings that you were calling Hayden for a very big hundred and he made 380. I'll back you on this one too because I agree 100%.

Anyway, predicition - Brett Lee won't make it back into the Test side until midway through the home summer due to Kasper.

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
Anyway, predicition - Brett Lee won't make it back into the Test side until midway through the home summer due to Kasper.
I personally wouldnt pick him in the Test arena and give Kaspa an extended stay in the side even through the home summer.

However, your probably right though.

It isnt of case of what I will do, is what they will likely do (That is the NSP - National Selection Panel for those that dont know).

Craig

World Traveller
My tip Darren Lehmann will retire from international cricket next season.

Lehmann said so in an article in my local paper the other day, that he is hinting that he may quit after next season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
all the things that i said are a chance of happening, the point is to wait 12 months and see.

though Tendulkar taking a hattrick against Australia inculding warne would be quite amusing.

and for the record, anything east of SA and south of NSW is not part of my world ;) (note Ponting now lives in the 'gong :))

if McGrath has a great year, and Warne bowls well, what chance do India have...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Andre said:
might play 5 bowlers at some stage which would bring him back sooner (depending on how soon he is fit to play)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
[v]Well, I do remember very early on in the innings that you were calling Hayden for a very big hundred and he made 380. I'll back you on this one too because I agree 100%.[/b]
In fairness I didn't tip the triple. :) I did tip him a double ton when he was about 21 I believe. I just thought he looked damn ominous. It's a beautiful thing when one is REALLY right! :D

Lehmann said so in an article in my local paper the other day, that he is hinting that he may quit after next season.
Could you check that out because I've heard quite the opposite in my patch.

~Michael~

Cricket Spectator
Top_Cat said:
Could you check that out because I've heard quite the opposite in my patch.
Darren Lehmann said somewhere that he isn't getting any Younger
and by the way he's 34 i'll bet he will be retiring next season
and then there will b a chance for Clarke to step in the Test
side I think he is the unluckiest guy not to be getting a chance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So how has Clarke jumped ahead of the likes of Love in the pecking order?

He's hardly done that well in First Class Cricket to push him above more-established players, let alone to call him unlucky.

chicane

State Captain
^Dude remember Nathan Bracken softening up Sehwag in the TVS cup? McGrath won't be so easy even now.