• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Best ODI Team of All Time

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Rohit Sharma
Virendra Sehwag
Virat Kohli
Sachin Tendulkar
Yuvraj Singh
M. S. Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Kuldeep Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah

Looking at the players left out, there should be a second best side as well

Sourav Ganguly
Shikhar Dhawan
Goutam Gambhir
Mohm. Azharuddin
Rahul Dravid
Ajay Jadeja
Dinesh Karthik
Bhubaneswar Kumar
Javagal Srinath
Yuzvendra Chahal
Mohm. Shami

Irfan Pathan, Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja were the other names that came to my mind and are deserving enough to get a place...

Rishav Pant - I would like to wait for a little bit longer.

Any other names? Changes?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin Tendulkar
Rohit Sharma

Virat Kohli
Sourav Ganguly (c)
Virender Sehwag
Yuvraj Singh
M S Dhoni (w)

Kapil Dev
Ajit Agarkar
Kuldeep Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin
Rohit
Ganguly
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Kapil
Kumble
Zaheer
Kuldeep
Bumrah

Truly woeful tail but that's where we're at. I refuse to pick agarkar. He was rubbish. Yes, even in odis.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness, does Raina's 2008-2015 run get him close? 5000 runs at 37, SR of 97. Not the worst option at 6 or 7.

vcs

Sachin
Rohit
Ganguly
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Kapil
Kumble
Zaheer
Kuldeep
Bumrah

Truly woeful tail but that's where we're at. I refuse to pick agarkar. He was rubbish. Yes, even in odis.
Kumble? Would rather have Harbhajan in ODIs..

harsh.ag

In all seriousness, does Raina's 2008-2015 run get him close? 5000 runs at 37, SR of 97. Not the worst option at 6 or 7.
Yeah, considered him but he can be pretty dire. Rather have Sehwag there (given that Sehwag doesn't make the top 4 and Yuvi-Dhoni are a lock).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Rohit Sharma
3. Virat Kohli
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. MS Dhoni
6. Kapil Dev
7. Suresh Raina

Yeah ok I'm talking myself out of this one.

harsh.ag

Problem, again, being the lack of a proper #7. Dhoni has to fill the role (when he should be at 6) or maybe Sehwag/Raina.

Daemon

I'd rather have Raina down the order given he's shown he can do it.

Tendulkar
Rohit
Kohli
Yuvraj
MSD
Raina
Kapil
Kumble
Zaheer/Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

OverratedSanity

Sachin
Rohit
Ganguly
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Kapil
Kumble
Zaheer
Kuldeep
Bumrah

You know what, I'd rather just pick Raina instead of going with a tail that awful. Some combo of Yuvraj/Ganguly/Sachin/Raina can troll the remaining overs. Not ideal, but it's better than having a tail that starts at 8.

Sachin
Rohit
Ganguly
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Kapil
Zaheer
Kuldeep
Bumrah

harsh.ag

Raina vs Sehwag is an interesting debate. Sehwag has more quality for varied pitches and quality bowling. Raina has more experience in those situations.

cnerd123

likes this
Rohit/Ganguly
Sachin
Kohli
???
Yuvraj
MSD
Raina
Dev
Agarkar
Kumble
Srinath

Really hard to pick a number 4 that isn't Azhar

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't want Sehwag running between the wickets with peak Dhoni in the 49th tbh