• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will you support in the World Cup??

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Go Australia but if India or Zimbabwe get up, I won't be complaining.

Personally, if a team plays good cricket, I'll applaud them if they win.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea ur right just as in the soccer worldcup when senegal won etc everyone backed them up and it was fun etc , but in the end true soccer nation won rightfully

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
England!

Then Namibia, Canada, Holland, Kenya, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. As they all are useless... ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
England!

Then Namibia, Canada, Holland, Kenya, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. As they all are useless... ;)
Likewise for me, it's always good to see the underdog pull of a major upset.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I wouldnt call Zimbabwe that big an underdog, they can do pretty well in O.DI's even though their record doesnt show it

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia first, New Zealand second, England third....

I reckon deep down, Aussies and New Zealanders have some underlying connection to each other, even if it has boiled over into some heated controversy at times. Kinda like Wales and Scotland towards England or something. My case is a perfect example... I hate N.Z., but if anyone else were to win apart from Oz, it would be our little cousins across the Tasman.

:D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kinda like Wales and Scotland towards England
These would be the same Scots who supported Sweden, Argentina, Nigeria, Denmark and then took great pleasure then we lost to Denmark. I don't think so...

Maybe more from the "big" country to the "little" ones, but not the other way round for the most part (in the UK anyway..)

Rich2001

International Captain
These would be the same Scots who supported Sweden, Argentina, Nigeria, Denmark and then took great pleasure then we lost to Denmark. I don't think so...

Maybe more from the "big" country to the "little" ones, but not the other way round for the most part (in the UK anyway..)
:P I think you will find we lost to Brazil :D

(be happy I spotted it before Marc)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

:P I think you will find we lost to Brazil :D

(be happy I spotted it before Marc)
I think I'll have to say "Oops" there and leave it at that... :cry: :D