• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

the big bambino

International Captain
Olivier saying that he'd like to play test cricket for England. Yes there is a meme about England and its foreign legion team but I'd wish Olivier all the best in his new country.

SeamUp

International Coach
Parkinson had to have surgery after being hit on the jaw in a pre-season game in Dubai.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
England have lost all credibility in their ball tampering ribbing after Durham made Bancroft captain. **** would rather have champagne in Perth than turn out for the county he's now in charge of. Will be popular in the dressing room, no doubt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
England have lost all credibility in their ball tampering ribbing after Durham made Bancroft captain. **** would rather have champagne in Perth than turn out for the county he's now in charge of. Will be popular in the dressing room, no doubt.
Don’t judge English cricket by the actions of that minor county.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ollie Pope starting the season in the right manner. Shame England can't slot him in at 5 or 6 in test side.

Surrey still churning out the talent. Jamie Smith looks an accomplished young bat in this MCC game. Did well for the England u19s this winter. Will jacks already in the lions side. R Patel, Currans, Virdi a bit more experience.
Then with the contrast to the established players who have good outputs like Burns, Stoneman, Borthwick, Morkel, Dernbach, Rikki Clarke, Foakes.
Rightfully favourites for the title again.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I genuinely think Dernbach's one of the most underrated red ball bowlers in the country.
His meme worthy ODI appearances disguise the fact he's a very good FC bowler. Might have done ok in tests. Definitely not going to get selected now unless he does something extraordinary

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Cook batting all day against the students hardly seems fair. Don't suppose they'll be too worried. How often do you get to bowl all day at a Knight.

Cook on 64 fc hundreds ( i assume the university games are still fc). So assuming 6 hundreds per summer which I would say is generous given the championship will likely be reduced in the next few years, means he'll likely need at least 6 years to reach 100 fc hundreds if he wants it, which is feasible given he's only 34. Seems unlikely though. Hildreth with his 45th today (assuming it's fc).

Tom Flint

International Regular
Interesting to see Morgan playing for Middlesex today. Is this the year he will finally repay us with some decent fc form. He could potentially play 10 games for us, but today he batted at 6 which doesn't suggest they have major plans for him batting up the order.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Cook batting all day against the students hardly seems fair. Don't suppose they'll be too worried. How often do you get to bowl all day at a Knight.

Cook on 64 fc hundreds ( i assume the university games are still fc). So assuming 6 hundreds per summer which I would say is generous given the championship will likely be reduced in the next few years, means he'll likely need at least 6 years to reach 100 fc hundreds if he wants it, which is feasible given he's only 34. Seems unlikely though. Hildreth with his 45th today (assuming it's fc).
yes cook & hildreth's hundreds are first class, yet the third round of university v county teams starting on april 5th are not of first class status.
i don't know why, but it has been the case for a few years.( unless it's changed this year & i don't think it has.)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see James Vince is moving to open for Hampshire in the hope of regaining an England place, if we pick him I am done with England.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Glamorgan have signed Marnus labushcnage as overseas
Labuschagne is an interesting selection. Not been doing well in Shield cricket, might be on the A tour although that is probably a bit unlikely because of the first point. I have my doubts about him being any good.