• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

Tom Flint

International Regular
No hameed for lance today even though his form hasnt been bad in the rlc. They probably expecting a high scoring match so have gone with quicker scorers at the top order.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sheesh - Anderson, Mahmood and Archer picked together and the Ashes will be an absolute walk in the park

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yes mahmood was good. top wickettaker in the comp at the moment with sowter. I'd seen some of the highlights of his wickets before today but wasn't sure if it was really good bowling or some lucky dismissals in part - but no he bowled really well today. Much more accurate than previous years and found decent movement at mid 80s mph pace. Should get a run in the championship side bowling like that (and form a good attack with Anderson and Tom Bailey), and once this 50 over wc is over I'd expect him to come into the England reckoning in the next year or two in the white ball formats.

Borges

International Regular
Ah good! Lancashire benched Hameed, didn't bat out their quota of overs and lost a reasonably close game. Serves you right, you muppets!

theegyptian

More div 1 runs for Crawley. Fairly evenly poised in the Kent Yorkshire game. Kent being competitive will make the season interesting. Bess making the loan move to Yorkshire.
Northants have Luke Wood and Jamie Overton on loan to make a pretty reasonable bowling attack with Sanderson and Buck. Surprised Somerset let Overton out tbh, he looked to be bowling decently in the white ball stuff I saw this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back after one game

theegyptian

Worcestershire 29-5 and Gleeson who took a 10 fer last match, and Tom Bailey who was top wickettaker in div 1 last year, still yet to bowl this innings.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone green up the wickets this round maybe.

Who here wants to take a stab at whether Anderson will get the 70 more wicket he needs to reach 1000 FC wickets before he retires?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Someone green up the wickets this round maybe.

Who here wants to take a stab at whether Anderson will get the 70 more wicket he needs to reach 1000 FC wickets before he retires?
Can't see it not happening if he plays past the Ashes (and I can't see any reason he wouldn't unless he has a Gillespie-esque decline).

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Northants should have thrown little Temba the ball for a couple of overs. He did almost get a test wicket first ball after all

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
somerset's year. don't bother with the ashes or world cup
I want to believe but still feel that getting Morne'd again is a possibility.

It'll be the greatest day of my life, bar none, if they do it though.