cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: Which team do you think will win ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • IND(2000-10) in Asia

    12 85.71%
  • IND(2011-19) in Asia

    3 21.43%
  • IND(2000-10) outside Asia

    9 64.29%
  • IND(2011-19) outside Asia

    5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 314
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Which Indian team do you think will win in a 5 test series ?

  1. #1
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    delhi
    Posts
    363

    Which Indian team do you think will win in a 5 test series ?

    India(2000-10)

    Gambhir
    Sehwag
    Dravid
    Sachin
    Laxman
    Ganguly(C)
    Dhoni (WKT)
    Harbhajan/Pathan
    Kumble
    Ishant
    Zaheer

    India(2011-19)

    Shaw
    Vijay
    Pujara
    Kohli(C)
    Rahane
    Ashwin
    Pant(WKT)
    Jadeja
    Kuldeep/Pandya
    Shami
    Bumrah

  2. #2
    International Debutant Borges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,449
    Depends on where it is going to be played.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    27,620
    Did Ishant and Ganguly ever play a test together? I'll assume you meant to compare India now to India 10 years ago.

    The current side is more adaptable and better in the field, but less convincing with the bat than the side that won all those series in 2008-10. If the series were played around the world I'd favour the 2019 team, but 2009 would flatten them in India.
    Prince EWS and randycricfreak like this.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

  4. #4
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    delhi
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Did Ishant and Ganguly ever play a test together? I'll assume you meant to compare India now to India 10 years ago.

    The current side is more adaptable and better in the field, but less convincing with the bat than the side that won all those series in 2008-10. If the series were played around the world I'd favour the 2019 team, but 2009 would flatten them in India.
    Yes in 2008 .


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    30,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Did Ishant and Ganguly ever play a test together? I'll assume you meant to compare India now to India 10 years ago.

    The current side is more adaptable and better in the field, but less convincing with the bat than the side that won all those series in 2008-10. If the series were played around the world I'd favour the 2019 team, but 2009 would flatten them in India.
    I'd say the exact opposite. The old team barely ever got beaten badly overseas apart from when they got really old. The bowling was obviously inferior but it got the job done most of the times because they were putting up big runs on the board.

    In a head to head match-up I think the difference in batting quality is so immense that I'd back the old team in most conditions except a bunsen in the subcontinent. Apart from kohli and Pujara, no one in the top 6 can even nail down their spot in the team at the moment. Still too many question marks there.

    People have been highly overrating this team imo. I'm happy they won in Australia but fmd, the way they got lost in England (when all of them were supposed to be in their prime) was ****ing embarrassing.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 09-01-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    weldone, Daemon, akilana and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

  6. #6
    International Coach weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    13,637
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I'd say the exact opposite. The old team barely ever got beaten badly overseas apart from when they got really old. The bowling was obviously inferior but it got the job done most of the times because they were putting up big runs on the board.

    In a head to head match-up I think the difference in batting quality is so immense that I'd back the old team in most conditions except a bunsen in the subcontinent. Apart from kohli and Pujara, no one in the top 6 can even nail down their spot in the team at the moment. Still too many question marks there.
    Yes, except a lot will depend on how the oldies play Ashwin on crumbling pitches. Given that the oldies dominated both Warne and Murali I see no reason for the current team to win even at home. I'd select Sreesanth over Ishant in the old team (young Ishant was meh). Ishant/Bhuvi can take the place of Kuldeep/Hardik in the new team.
    Last edited by weldone; 09-01-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

  7. #7
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    20,493
    I think this team has surpassed the achievements of the 2008-10 team with the win in Australia. I'd back them to get it done over a 5-match series.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    30,598
    Actually I'm even sceptical of this current side winning at home. They 2000-2010 team is literally the best lineup at playing spin in the history of cricket.

    It'd be fun to watch though no doubt.

  9. #9
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    20,493
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I'd say the exact opposite. The old team barely ever got beaten badly overseas apart from when they got really old. The bowling was obviously inferior but it got the job done most of the times because they were putting up big runs on the board.

    In a head to head match-up I think the difference in batting quality is so immense that I'd back the old team in most conditions except a bunsen in the subcontinent. Apart from kohli and Pujara, no one in the top 6 can even nail down their spot in the team at the moment. Still too many question marks there.

    People have been highly overrating this team imo. I'm happy they won in Australia but fmd, the way they got lost in England (when all of them were supposed to be in their prime) was ****ing embarrassing.
    4-0 in England starting with a 200 run defeat and progressively getting worse was humiliating FFS. This team is far from perfect, but it does not lack fight.

    And no, just because it was 2011 and they'd won the World Cup, I'm not going to give the oldies a free pass over it.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    30,598
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    4-0 in England starting with a 200 run defeat and progressively getting worse was humiliating FFS. This team is far from perfect, but it does not lack fight.

    And no, just because it was 2011 and they'd won the World Cup, I'm not going to give the oldies a free pass over it.
    Yeah, no if you want to include those two overseas tours in 2011 when they were super old then I'd also include 2014 in England when this team were noobs. That team in 2014 was the very definition of lacking fight. 2014 and 2018 were two horrendous tours in a row to englabd by this team and while the first is understandable because of their age, the second absolutely is not. 1-4 when the entire team is supposedly at its peak is ****ing atrocious.

    I actually didn't even mention the overseas failures in 2013-14 since it would be unfair to them. But if you consider the 0-8 then those can't be ignored.

    Plus 2000-2010 time frame doesn't even include those tours so meh
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 09-01-2019 at 07:43 AM.

  11. #11
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    delhi
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    4-0 in England starting with a 200 run defeat and progressively getting worse was humiliating FFS. This team is far from perfect, but it does not lack fight.

    And no, just because it was 2011 and they'd won the World Cup, I'm not going to give the oldies a free pass over it.
    Not to give excuse and England thoroughly deserved that series . However a fully fit Zaheer would have made that series a lot competetive . He was the Man of the series of previous England tour and leader of the bowling attack.

  12. #12
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    30,598
    Fair enough if you want to say the current team is better overall (though I'd disagree) or is more dominant at home but I legit cannot understand how anyone can think this current team travels better ffs.

  13. #13
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    20,493
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Yeah, no if you want to include those two overseas tours in 2011 when they were super old then I'd also include 2014 in England when this team were noobs. That team in 2014 was the very definition of lacking fight.

    I actually didn't even mention the overseas failures in 2013-14 since it would be unfair to them. But if you consider the 0-8 then those can't be ignored.

    Plus 2000-2010 time frame doesn't even include those tours so meh
    I'm happy with including 2013-14 for this team. Apart from the last 3 Tests in England, I was fairly satisfied with how they did in that overseas cycle.

    4-1 is a lopsided scoreline, but there were genuine chances for India to win in Edgbaston and Southampton until the last session or so. Disappointing result overall but far from embarrassing or anything.

    I think the demarcation should be upto England 2012 for the old team, and after that for the new one. I know Sachin only retired in late 2013, but he was a passenger when we smashed Australia 4-0 in 2013.
    Last edited by vcs; 09-01-2019 at 07:51 AM.

  14. #14
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    20,493
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilz View Post
    Not to give excuse and England thoroughly deserved that series . However a fully fit Zaheer would have made that series a lot competetive . He was the Man of the series of previous England tour and leader of the bowling attack.
    Current side has much more depth, and that is due to good planning and overall vision in selection policy, as much as we like to criticize them. Injuries to one or two players don't kill the team anymore.

  15. #15
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    30,598
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Current side has much more depth, and that is due to good planning and overall vision in selection policy, as much as we like to criticize them. Injuries to one or two players don't kill the team anymore.
    Depth in bowling yeah. The batting has been an absolute shambles because no one can even cement their place in the starting xi the openers and number 6 spot have been revolving doors because they suck.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Changes To Indian Team in Next Series Onwards
    By sachin200 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 24-01-2012, 02:56 AM
  2. Lessons for indian team after the indo-pak test series
    By neutralguy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM
  3. Indian team for Pakistan ODI series
    By Arjun in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 09:25 AM
  4. NZ team for Indian series
    By Tim in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-10-2002, 01:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •