• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most comprehensive defeats of Australia in their own backyard

Borges

International Regular
SA will overtake us . We are losing points in March and they are gaining points after Rankings update. This Sydney test match victory was needed to retain no.1 rankings .
Just clobber South Africa (sans the greater AB) at home, and regain the rightful title of the greatest and bestest cricket team in this universe.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you trolling sir ?

I said a lot of Aussie batsmen have inflated records at home but were truly exposed this summer. There is nothing that precludes Warner or Smith from.it.
The only Australian batsman who had a decent average at all going into this series was Khawaja. The rest were either unproven or spuds like the Marshes.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Losing to any SC team at home is the low point in Australian cricket, without any question. Regardless of the relative strengths of the teams.
One hopes it will shut you up about SC teams not winning in Australia. That's a high point for CW.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Is it time for an official "If Smith and Warner were playing" thread? All the hypotheticals can be dumped there.

OverratedSanity

Starc and Hazelwood got out bowled by Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami lmao. Not to mention every single one of the spinners India fielded ended up with a better average than Megamind.

TheJediBrah

One hopes it will shut you up about SC teams not winning in Australia. That's a high point for CW.
dunno if it will. Doesn't really change much. I mean "technically" now India have won a series in Australia, but there could be a pretty big asterisk there if people are looking to discount it

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dunno if it will. Doesn't really change much. I mean "technically" now India have won a series in Australia, but there could be a pretty big asterisk there if people are looking to discount it
Hooray for spelling 'asterisk' correctly.

Burgey

Lol, I was here through the 2010-11 Ashes series mate. Believe me, if you think this’ll shut me up you’re gravely mistaken

sunilz

International Regular
The only asterisk should be on AUS test series victory in 2004 in IND . Winning with the help of rain is no win at all.

Asterisk should also be on AUS 2007-08 victory against IND . The North remembers Sydney test

Starfighter

Can Indian fans stop with the canard that they got a green wicket in Nagpur in 2004? Especially considering they bowled first on it.

TheJediBrah

The only asterisk should be on AUS test series victory in 2004 in IND . Winning with the help of rain is no win at all.

Asterisk should also be on AUS 2007-08 victory against IND . The North remembers Sydney test
M8 2004 in India was hardly even a close series. Stop beating that drum. The rain ruined what would have been a close final day but one that Aus could have easily won.

Aus won the other 2 Tests comfortably and a diabolical pitch was the only reason the 4th Test didn't go the same way.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
India would have comfortably won in Chennai and the scoreline would be 2-2. Given that they missed Sachin for most part of that series it was a close enough result.

sunilz

International Regular
M8 2004 in India was hardly even a close series. Stop beating that drum. The rain ruined what would have been a close final day but one that Aus could have easily won.

Aus won the other 2 Tests comfortably and a diabolical pitch was the only reason the 4th Test didn't go the same way.
Why are you also forgetting that both Tendulkar and Ponting missed first 2 tests ? Ponting not playing first 3 test was a huge loss for IND . AUS lost the only test in which Ponting played and captained.

aussie tragic

International Captain
This is the most bizarre thread I've ever seen. Started well with on topic posts about Australia losing in Australia, then turned into cartoon cricket on other planets and that last half is all about India and Australia in India.....

Starfighter

These Indian fans have such big chips on their shoulders it's surprising that their arms are still attached and they can type.