• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of New Zealand 2019

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Well it's a two-horse race so I suppose we have a faint chance. If required, hopefully Napier will do its thang and lay on some timely surface flooding or a spot of sunstrike. Really looking forward to kick off.

veganbob

U19 Captain
I'm picking us (nz) to win the series.
So excited, this feels like the mid -late 90s when people used to get hyped for bilateral odo series. I am hyped.

Great to have India here, their fans are incredible.
I think India touring here now has surpassed Aussie and England touring. The anticipation is greater and the results matter more. Can't wait!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Top runs NZ: Guptill
Top runs IND: Kohli
Top wickets NZ: Southee
Top wickets Ind: Bhuvi
Scoreline: NZ 3-2

Blain

U19 Captain
Can't play Southee on a road with short boundaries surely. In saying that, that rules out 80% of NZ grounds..

Pumped for this series, worried about our bowling attack though. Without Bumrah however, I'd back us to win the series.

thierry henry

International Coach
On today's English pitches I really feel like Henry bowling 132kph along the wicket is just going to get pumped into oblivion

thierry henry

International Coach
lol I just used the expression "pumped into oblivion" honestly thinking it was my own thing and not realising I had subliminally just stolen it off Howsie

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
On today's English pitches I really feel like Henry bowling 132kph along the wicket is just going to get pumped into oblivion
Henry needs at least a couple of games opening the bowling with Boult before we can make this conclusion I think.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Hyped asf for this.Backing NZ for this to take it home. Don't forget that the last time India came here, they were strong favorites and were ranked 1. NZ were 7. India ended up gettin whooped 4-0. Although this time both teams are evenly matched, I see India's middle order being an issue. Nz will definitely get smacked courtesy of southee and maybe henry, but I see sodhi, sants, boult, ferguson pulling the slack,

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Not a fan of this XI tbh. Would prefer Santa at 8. I mean I hope Bracewell goes good but the balance of this side aint doing it for me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top runs NZ: KW
Top runs IND: Rohit
Top wickets NZ: Southee
Top wickets Ind: Kold33p
Scoreline: NZ 3-2

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not a fan of this XI tbh. Would prefer Santa at 8. I mean I hope Bracewell goes good but the balance of this side aint doing it for me.
Its fine IMO. Doug has to score runs this series to warrant a ticket imo. Assuming he isnt totally woeful with the ball

Daemon

**** me this ground is tiny. 57m is the shortest one square of the wicket.

Why isn't Pandya back with the squad ffs. Don't rate Shankar at all.

thundaboult

International Debutant
^ Disappointed at having no Ish Sodhi in there. Could have easily done with replacing Southee. But obviously having no Neesh has sort of messed up the balance.

Daemon

Quicks will go the distance today imo. Good thing we didn't pick Siraj or Khaleel.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Happy that Bracewell's getting another run, but quite surprised they didn't pick de Grandhomme who must be fresh after a decent break.