• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Australian Captain

Smith vs the field

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see Peter use his hands to direct fielding positions and signal reviews because he's captain instead of comb

91Jmay

International Coach
Steve Smith. Stop the moral crusade and accept your countries culture developed from delinquents.

Spikey

Josh Hazlewood

he's the VC and Paine will break a fingernail sometime soon therefore he will be the next australian captain

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Smith should ever be captain again, in large part due to his failure to enforce the follow on in the Adelaide Ashes test

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Surely thinking it should be Mitch Marsh is more absurd than thinking it should be Carey?

As in, you want MMarsh to be guaranteed to play EVERY test? Or we wanna be dropping captains now?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh Hazlewood

he's the VC and Paine will break a fingernail sometime soon therefore he will be the next australian captain
Then who the **** is the vice captain then?

I don't think Haze is VC based on ability tbh.

Spikey

i think it'll be good to have a captain who will inevitably get suspended for losing his cool

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith is what, not allowed to captain for another year after he comes back? Maybe they'll let Paine continue til then once Smith comes back and all is well

morgieb

Smith is what, not allowed to captain for another year after he comes back? Maybe they'll let Paine continue til then once Smith comes back and all is well
This is my theory.

It's still a **** move though. I don't think the ball tampering scandal should necessarily destroy his captaincy hopes full time if he did it himself, but the problem is he showed no leadership in preventing it from stopping and just does not seem the right type to be captain.

Trouble is, who the **** else is there?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there anything in MMarsh's WA captaincy that says he'd be any better than Smith? Would be very fatuous considering he doesn't deserve a place in the team and doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Daemon

Is there anything in MMarsh's WA captaincy that says he'd be any better than Smith? Would be very fatuous considering he doesn't deserve a place in the team and doesn't seem to be getting any better.
He certainly has the lineage