• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Linda

International Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
no thanks....after watching some of those female ranatungas grunting when they play a shot in the indian womens team i can guarantee you that i for one will never watch womens cricket again.
Theres the answer. Pretty up the girl cricketers and you've got yourself a sport. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
Sorry... not a big one for aussie colloquialism... mate ;)
Don't come the raw prawn with me, sport. I hope your chicks turn to emus and kick your dunny door down.

(or something)

Craig

World Traveller
James said:
What a load of absolute crap 8-) . I for one take a lot of interest in women's cricket.

And what's the bet none of you have watched a single women's cricket game in your life.
I have.

Craig

World Traveller
Linda said:
Theres the answer. Pretty up the girl cricketers and you've got yourself a sport. :D
Well the Australian women's soccer team did those calenders minus the clothes a few years back to increase their profile.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
no thanks....after watching some of those female ranatungas grunting when they play a shot in the indian womens team i can guarantee you that i for one will never watch womens cricket again.
Cricnet magazine regularly interview and have photoshoots with one or more of the England team, and they're most definitely not Ranatungas!

Sudeep

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Cricnet magazine regularly interview and have photoshoots with one or more of the England team, and they're most definitely not Ranatungas!
The Indian team members certainly are though.

But one or two are quite fine players.

I think Women's cricket One-Dayers should be 30 overs per side, or less, but no more.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i have half of a womens cricket match between england and NZ i think.

in indian team, mithali raj has made quite a few headlines so she's my fav!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Of course there is a future.. What a load of old tosh by those who say it is pointless..

Heck its played by women, so its not going to be the same as the mens game.. Dont expect 7 an over balls smashed to all parts of the ground cricket, expect better (yes better) techniques and some class spin bowling...

Im in no position to rubbish the sport while people Kim Fraser make me look like a complete joke with the bat :( And we have a girl in my street who regularly plays club cricket for us, with a lot of success...

As for Ranatungas... They arent all Ranatungas :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sudeep Popat said:
The Indian team members certainly are though.

But one or two are quite fine players.

I think Women's cricket One-Dayers should be 30 overs per side, or less, but no more.
Why on earth is that?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Of course there is a future.. What a load of old tosh by those who say it is pointless..

Heck its played by women, so its not going to be the same as the mens game.. Dont expect 7 an over balls smashed to all parts of the ground cricket, expect better (yes better) techniques and some class spin bowling...

Im in no position to rubbish the sport while people Kim Fraser make me look like a complete joke with the bat :( And we have a girl in my street who regularly plays club cricket for us, with a lot of success...

As for Ranatungas... They arent all Ranatungas :)
Rich fancies Johmari Logtenberg, by the way.

NikhilN

International Regular
James said:
What a load of absolute crap 8-) . I for one take a lot of interest in women's cricket.

And what's the bet none of you have watched a single women's cricket game in your life.
Tell me how much you want to bet...

V Reddy

International Debutant
I remember going to an Ind- Eng match few years back. I enjoyed it but it was more due to light hearted banter that was going on between few Barmy Army members and a group of Indians. The Indian Women's team recently got a sponsor and in a few matches against NZ , the stadiums were quite full and so atleast in India it is in a better position than it had ever been. This is the only site which really updates information on Women's cricket
http://www.thatscricket.com/women_cricket/

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Well the Australian women's soccer team did those calenders minus the clothes a few years back to increase their profile.
How come our men's cricket team dont do this?

*looks at some piccys of the guys*

Ok, I see. Just a couple of them would be nice though... ;)

Sudeep

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
That's not a reason.
It gets kind of boring.

I've never watched an entire Women's cricket match ever, solely because it gets as I said a bit boring.

Maybe reducing the duration of a match can bring some excitement. I'm not saying this on a logical fact, but on what I would prefer to watch.