• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea... well thats the problem with womens cricket- everybody knows everybody!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah well I thought Sara was a very good runner between the wickets & played some good shots and Rebecca Steele bowls better spin than that so called spinner named Brooke Walker from Auckland.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Is there a real future for this?It's been going on for some time now but nobody really cares about it.It's as important in cricketing countries as snowboarding is in the West Indies.

Craig

World Traveller
Heck it has been the one game where NZ have been world champs in international cricket.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a load of absolute crap 8-) . I for one take a lot of interest in women's cricket.

And what's the bet none of you have watched a single women's cricket game in your life.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
Is there a real future for this?It's been going on for some time now but nobody really cares about it.It's as important in cricketing countries as snowboarding is in the West Indies.
But the Jamaicans like bobsleigh

Linda

International Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
There's a few more lady members on CW than you think, so be VERY careful.
I for one, dont really care. And to be honest, until the day women's cricket is as much publicised as men's, I wont care much about that either. I dont want to be ignorant, but its difficult to find it interesting when you very rarely hear of anything about it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
I for one, dont really care. And to be honest, until the day women's cricket is as much publicised as men's, I wont care much about that either. I dont want to be ignorant, but its difficult to find it interesting when you very rarely hear of anything about it.
The name fooled me - I thought you were one.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Take your pick.

P.S. When I said 'I for one, dont really care', I meant I dont really care if you say Women's cricket hasnt got much of a future, because, lets face it, it hasn't!

tooextracool

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
no thanks....after watching some of those female ranatungas grunting when they play a shot in the indian womens team i can guarantee you that i for one will never watch womens cricket again.