• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Girls...love 'em or hate 'em but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be here...but without guys girls wouldn't be here...oh the dilema!
Real chicken and egg-type stuff, eh??

Help is at hand, though. With cloning, we'll do away with the need for male sperm. However, with the artificial womb recently developed in Japan, we'll do away with the need for the female womb. Hmmmmmmm......................

What's the next thing? Artificial people to do away with the need for people in general. We must be insecure and cynical people if we think the best thing to do would be to get rid of ourselves!

Kimbo

International Debutant
Darn it. A thread about a women's cricket tournament and it turns into a thread about women/men... can we not just discuss the cricket !!!!!!!!!

So yea... yesterday... NZ beat England by four wickets.
England need to sort out their strike rates because they keep batting out there fifty and not even getting close to 200. Yesterday they made 140, and against Aus 156 or something.
So they keep giving away Bonus Points. England=suck. They have lost all their games.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
England...oh dear! We have a really good spinner in Harper but the batting...they just seem to be hell-bent on survival and score at painstaking rates...

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
New Zealand have a major problem with wides!! They will never be able to beat Australia when they bowl around 30 a match.

Each bowler should be bowling 2 to 3 at the most. 30 isn't even acceptable on a windy day let alone a perfect day like yesterday.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Have they recruited Harmison? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah well slow scoring...wides...it sorta gives Woman's cricket a bad name. Look at Laura Harper's profile: Laura Harper Profile

An econ of under 3 an over is quite normal in Woman's OD Cricket...Fitzpatrick's Test econ is 1.98 :O

Last edited:

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yeah, she seems to be the best of the poms. My friend over there told me she is really arrogant though- that sucks.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunil Havascar said:
Yeah, she seems to be the best of the poms. My friend over there told me she is really arrogant though- that sucks.
As if you've never met an arrogant Aussie or Kiwi...:rolleyes:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Rik said:
Have they recruited Harmison? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah well slow scoring...wides...it sorta gives Woman's cricket a bad name. Look at Laura Harper's profile: Laura Harper Profile

An econ of under 3 an over is quite normal in Woman's OD Cricket...Fitzpatrick's Test econ is 1.98 :O
In womens cricket u find that after the top 2 or 3 teams there is not much. So these players get to play teams like Ireland that are not good at all and take alot of wickets for not many runs. It is worse that Aus playing Bang/Kenya in mens cricket

Kimbo

International Debutant
Rik said:
As if you've never met an arrogant Aussie or Kiwi...:rolleyes:
of course i have. did i say i hadn't. :rolleyes:

i hate it when anyone thinks they are above other people.

Kimbo

International Debutant
oh, and if you think womens cricket is slow and boring...

yesterday my club team made 369-2 off our fifty overs.
we had a 157* and a 103*...
we were 125-2 off 25, so we scored 244 in the second 25 overs.
thats 9.76 an over...'

we won by 279 runs.
:lol:

what a joke... the other team wasnt bowling all that badly either. batsmen just had their eye in real good and were middling everything! i was doing the scorebook too, i couldnt keep up, it was so stressful.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
My strike rate this indoor season is something in the region of 170 :O

Yeah sometimes you just get into that zone...you just keep hitting it out of the middle like Astle did against England.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching the NZ v Aus match on tv, I thought Aimee Mason looked a very talented player. Maia Lewis who I saw at the Indoor World Cup late last year also played a handy innings when wickets fell. Sara McGlashan is very quick between the wickets & I thought she showed skill with the bat, she's quite cute too! :saint:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its very easy to average a high strike rate in indoor cricket.
If you hit the side nets everytime & double you're runs aswell as hitting the back net once or twice a game of course you're going to get a huge strike rate over the season.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Its very easy to average a high strike rate in indoor cricket.
If you hit the side nets everytime & double you're runs aswell as hitting the back net once or twice a game of course you're going to get a huge strike rate over the season.
No we just have 4 overs per pair and it's 6 to hit the back wall without the ball bouncing and 4 if it does. Everything else is 1...but if you hit it and run then it's 3. My highest score this season is 45* and all the 4s and 6s were proper cricket shots, lofted drives and such. :)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Kim..I hope Sara doesn't visit this site anytime soon! :rolleyes:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Don't worry Tim, I will see Macca(Sara) next week as we are playing against her Club team.. I will tell her which site to go to.:D :D :D :D :D :D. When we were playing against Central Districts Sara got 30 not out off just 9 balls.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
you guys are really mean, I should have kept that comment to myself!