• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Flash in the pan' ODI XI draft.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthew Horne

Paul Nixon
Neil Foster
Ravi Ratnayeke
Brendan Juilan
Dominic Cork
Michael Mason
Nixon McLean
Monde Zondeki
Monty Panesar

Not my best draft thus far
You have waaaay to many bowlers my man. Sure you don't wanna pick a couple of batsmen instead?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have waaaay to many bowlers my man. Sure you don't wanna pick a couple of batsmen instead?
Nah. I'm cool. I'll ride or die with them.

Nixon (McClean) can wield a bat. I remember one time he hit a six in a test match (i'm not sure) and the ball went through a window. Something Tino Best could have never done :laugh:

If you allow it. I can hastily swap a few bowlers for batsmen :)

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I like the way your team is shaping up. Both Germon & Hollioake were pretty underrated skippers. I have some good memories of Hollioake getting some decent results whilst in charge during '98.
Germon won a lot of silverware in NZ domestic cricket while captaining Canterbury

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Germon won a lot of silverware in NZ domestic cricket while captaining Canterbury
He was a fine skipper for sure. NZ cricket was pretty weird in the mid-90's in general. What with Rutherford & Greatbatch kinda getting forced into retirement, Germon being thrusted into a captaincy position with little to no intl experience (shades of Paine). Martin Crowe's body giving out on him just before the '96 CWC. All kinds of crazy.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig Wishart
Bill Athey

Matthew Horne
Craig Wishart
Bill Athey

Paul Nixon +
Neil Foster
Ravi Ratnayeke
Dominic Cork*
Michael Mason
Nixon McLean
Monde Zondeki

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Should see if you can rope him in for an interview MM. Quincy might even be keen on getting him on the podcast.