• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This one is a pure day Test.
My mistake, thought I had read somewhere that both tests were day nighters

Lakmal would lose much of his effectiveness on a flat pitch tbh, he was nullified in NZ when the pitches went flat, he's a decent container and makes hay when the ball is swinging or doing stuff off the pitch but Kumara, Pradeep and Chameera are big outs on a more placid pitch

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think SL would have been better off with Sandakan and playing two spinners, though the pitch has more grass than normal (which means I think it should be very good for batting on day 2-3). The only thing that will save this bowling attack will be the Australian batsmen's tendency to give away their wickets.

Also it is a cool cloudy morning, so not the worst to bowl on.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think SL would have been better off with Sandakan and playing two spinners, though the pitch has more grass than normal (which means I think it should be very good for batting on day 2-3). The only thing that will save this bowling attack will be the Australian batsmen's tendency to give away their wickets.
Yeah there's zero excuse for Australia to not end the century drought here. Anyone who fails ought to be sacked.

Starfighter

It's great having a test in February, and at a ground with a mechanical scoreboard. Like the good old days.

And a natural pitch. Not enough of those in Australia anymore.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Really sloppy from Channel 7, Fernando and Karunaratne don't even bowl with the same arm.

Fernando strongly disinclined to make the batsmen play so far.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is just sloppy. I know the options aren't great, but I just don't think his shot selection is where it should be in conditions with a bit of movement.

Starfighter

A tad surprised to see Khawaja's average still above 40 with the summer he's had.

Rajitha's seam position is garbage.

Last edited:

Gnske

That was one of the laziest shots I've ever seen from Usman, and that's high slander.