• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Until I think about it properly I always mix up Kusal Perera with Kaushal Silva. I was very disappointed when I realised my error -- that period where Kaushal Silva was a proper Test-class opening bat was the pinnacle of Test cricket as we know it.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Until I think about it properly I always mix up Kusal Perera with Kaushal Silva. I was very disappointed when I realised my error -- that period where Kaushal Silva was a proper Test-class opening bat was the pinnacle of Test cricket as we know it.
Mate, it's not for nothing that Kaushal Silva is 50% of the 2nd best opening pair (runs scored) for SL in the history of Test cricket.

I yearn for the glory days when JK Silva would blunt the ball for a good 20-30 and then make way for the likes of Sanga and Mahela.

cnerd123

likes this
In surprised the Aussie selectors didn't look to rest one of the 3 quicks or try someone new. And lol Siddle. Why I'd he still in the squad in all formats? Experience?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's seriously bizarre. I presume Australia don't play any tests between SL and the Ashes? If so, it's just poor thinking and the faith shown in Starc is ott

Look at England - slowly introducing new quicks over the last couple of years, and now they have legitimate depth. I'm thinking Woakes, TRJ, both Curran's, and Overton. Stone will likely debut in the WI too

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Langer was asked a straight question about the contemptuous treatment of Maxwell and just gave a gibbering evasive reply. Didn’t clarify a thing and because of that invited people to believe they talked him into cancelling a contract and reneging on the consequential promise made to him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone apart from the Renshaw, Burns and Pucovski families looking forward to this series at all?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
The CAXI vs Sri Lanka FC match is currently being broadcasted on the cricket.com.au youtube channel.

Renshaw & Burns currently facing the music.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw needs a coach to get him to just loosen up and relax his front leg a bit. Sadly in the 'bat speed' 'watch the ball' modern coaching regime he's unlikely to get that simple bit of advice that would help him fulfil his potential.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burns out cutting without moving his feet. Disappointing to see that the pink ball barely moves only six overs in.