• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm expecting 2-0 to Australia, but I'd love it if Lakmal and Kumara swing the pink ball around corners in Brisbane and Mendis gets a daddy 100. There'd be a lot of worried Aussies

ajdude

International Coach
Every other batsman in that side is in or about the test squad. They're going to take him to England, you just know it. It's a ****ing woeful selection.
haha **** you really don’t like him do you. has more first class tons than bertus so suck on those lemons

(really need a fishing rod emoji here)

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
SL squad meanwhile.

Thank god they have dropped that atrocious test batsman in Danushka Gunathilike.

Kusal Perera has been named as Mathews' replacement.

Kusal should bat in the middle order or just keep instead of Dickwella.

Thirimanne might make a comeback as an opener.

His last test in Australia, which was the 2013 New Year Test at Sydney, he scored a 90 odd.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda weird this kid is getting a call up this soon after a major mental health issue. Kinda good to go against the usual stigma of mental health but there's a chance it might be too much for him if he fails. We're a pretty unforgiving fanbase

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha **** you really don’t like him do you. has more first class tons than bertus so suck on those lemons

(really need a fishing rod emoji here)
Not his fault he's been fast tracked. I don't have anything against him per se, he just isn't ready at all. You wouldn't have many aspiring sportspeople knock it back after all.

You can say the same for Pucovski, however, he's at least made runs on a semi-consistent basis in the limited opportunities he's had at Shield level.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not his fault he's been fast tracked. I don't have anything against him per se, he just isn't ready at all. You wouldn't have many aspiring sportspeople knock it back after all.

You can say the same for Pucovski, however, he's at least made runs on a semi-consistent basis in the limited opportunities he's had at Shield level.
Ahh this makes more sense, understand where you are coming from now. Personally I rate Sangha but I think the hype is a bit excessive. Certainly no way he should be in contention for Australia at this stage, but he has definitely not disgraced himself for NSW

Burgey

He hasn't disgraced himself, he and Edwards should never have been selected though. They're a symptom, not the cause, of the malaise in State selections.

TheJediBrah

Kinda weird this kid is getting a call up this soon after a major mental health issue. Kinda good to go against the usual stigma of mental health but there's a chance it might be too much for him if he fails. We're a pretty unforgiving fanbase
Imagine if he was Indian

#pressure

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm expecting 2-0 to Australia, but I'd love it if Lakmal and Kumara swing the pink ball around corners in Brisbane and Mendis gets a daddy 100. There'd be a lot of worried Aussies
I wonder if Pradeep will play at the Gabba. I’d be more worried if they played at Adelaide as the last day night at the Gabba produced a lot of runs.

howardj

International Coach
Who's the Aussie bat to miss at the Gabba?

Thinking it could be Pucovski

Get him "in and around the group" to see how the team "goes about it"

Otherwise Renshaw or Marnus L

the big bambino

International Captain
The selectors probably know how he’s faring though I think he shouldn’t have been picked. I’d have him keep Siddle company in the grandstand.

TheJediBrah

I really hope it's Marnus, his selection is a disgrace. You just know he'll play though.

Spark

Global Moderator
He hasn't disgraced himself, he and Edwards should never have been selected though. They're a symptom, not the cause, of the malaise in State selections.
Andrew Jones's public interventions of late into the debate around selection and domestic structures have looked particularly poor in light of this

criccontent

Cricket Spectator
SL squad meanwhile.

Thank god they have dropped that atrocious test batsman in Danushka Gunathilike.

Kusal Perera has been named as Mathews' replacement.

Kusal should bat in the middle order or just keep instead of Dickwella.

Thirimanne might make a comeback as an opener.

His last test in Australia, which was the 2013 New Year Test at Sydney, he scored a 90 odd.
With Thiri and Sadeera in the squad why they recall Kusal. Idiotic decision by De Mel

Burgey

It’s about checking whether he’s a “good bloke” rather than checking on his ability etc, surely

Daemon

Poor Maxwell.

It's unlikely he'll make the Ashes squad as well because the batsmen who play SL will surely score runs.