• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

Borges

International Regular
The one thing that I'd like from Richardson that he doesn't seem to have is a really high speed gear like Steyn.
He was very fast when he played for the A team; 144-145 kmph on the Indian speed gun, which would be about 147-148 on Australian speed guns.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen him bowl faster, or at least get recorded bowling faster, than this. mid-140s seems to be his limit
Up to 148-150 would be nice, perhaps he'll get there when he gets a little older. He's got plenty going for him even without being quite that fast.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
would prefer him to perfect a really good outswinger
True. The section of the Shield season with the Dukes ball will tell us a bit, so far from what I've seen he doesn't really get it to go a lot, but his seam position is very good. He doesn't have that exaggerated flick of the wrist that, say, Steyn has which is probably the reason.

Actually the one thing I'd really like is for him to not do his back in every other season like the rest of our bowlers.

Lyon is getting quite sharp turn here.