• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His technique is fine. His problem has been shot selection and not seeing the ball at his best.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People were saying the same about Smith with his current technique. Also didn't Ballance play against some really weak teams? Handscomb's played some very strong attacks.
That Pakistan attack he scored both of his tons and one of his four fifties against? England in Australia on unresponsive pitches? Give me a break, they were trash. Pakistan in those conditions was worse than any of the SL, India or WI attacks Ballance scored against.

And clearly you disagree, but I think the "Handscomb technique = bad" meme is largely rubbish
Observation does tend to indicate that it produces less than optimal performance thus far.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Handscombe is a better player than what his average suggests. This technique nonsense is bull****.

Back him enough, he'll come good with time. What matters in Test cricket is to have a technique that scores you runs plus avoid playing rash shots.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There will be some guys on the fringe really keen to stake a solid claim against a fairly weak SL attack tbh - what's Australia's next test assignment after the home summer? Ashes?

SL have a chance to snare a test if they bat first and put up a decent score - or catch the Aussies on a deck with some life (small possibility at the gabba maybe) and get a run on with the ball and open up a big lead. The batsmen showed signs of capability against the short ball in NZ, but where totally at sea against the moving ball, even if there is turn Lyon is much more likely to be a threat than Perera - but his spot might be in danger anyway, Sandakan ought to get a chance in these conditions

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I do think Australia will dominate at the Gabba but I expect the Canberra debut Test to be much more competitive.

Starfighter

My worry is that if they rest one of Starc or Hazelwood they'll pick Siddle. We don't need these retrograde selections. However I don't think they'll rest either of them for some reason, even though I think they both should be. Our world cup campaign is stuffed enough, we don't need to break two of our best bowlers against this SL lineup too.

Spark

Global Moderator
I actually think that Handscomb is about as good as his average (~40) suggests, which in fact is not an awful average for a new Test batsman. The problem is that he hasn't actually batted to that average in the last two years

Gnske

I forget, how does the Manuka pitch play? All I can recall is lots of runs from LO matches played so I pray it isn't a pavement.

I'm not sure we're going to learn that much this series, misleading results if anything.

Starfighter

I forget, how does the Manuka pitch play? All I can recall is lots of runs from LO matches played so I pray it isn't a pavement.

I'm not sure we're going to learn that much this series, misleading results if anything.
Flat to start, may crumble a bit later on, slow. SL would probably be better off playing two spinners.

the big bambino

International Captain
Thats what i'd expect. SL may be a chance at Brisbane if Lakmal gets at us under lights, though there wasn't that much assistance in the Pakistan match up there.