• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your gutsy calls for 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
no test wins for australia in 2019

SL 2 tests - australia no wins
ashes 5 tests - australia no wins
pakis 2 tests - australia no wins
new zealand 1 test- australia no win.

total 10 tests- australia wins 0/10.
Gutsiest call so far...

morgieb

Sri Lanka are trash, so Australia should win at least one test their.

Ashes? They will lose, but England throw in one horror performance every summer, expect England to win that 4-1.

Pakistan,,,,if its in the UAE no wins aye, if Australia host they will win every test as Pakistan are dire especially n Australia.

New Zealand depends where it is I suppose, but they look better than Australia.
Will be in Australia I assume, no reason for it to be in the UAE again given we went there last year.

That is pathetic kneejerking though (from halba). Especially when you add Warner and Smith to the side. Ashes will be lost but the bowling is good enough and England's batting weak enough to win at least a Test there. Sri Lanka are trash away from home as you said, so are Pakistan.

OverratedSanity

If Aus don't beat sl, they may as well give up on cricket entirely. Even without Smith and Warner, they'd beat them easily at home.

morgieb

Is it okay to knight an active player?

Maybe it's a thing,

In Bangladesh, Mortaza is an MP and their ODI skipper. Not the same
I think Hadlee was knighted when he was still playing. Plus I think the assumption is Anderson retires after the Ashes.

flibbertyjibber

I think Hadlee was knighted when he was still playing. Plus I think the assumption is Anderson retires after the Ashes.
That was my thinking, we win ashes he goes past 600 wickets in his time left and probably calls it a day. May carry on if not reached 600 though so knighthood will have to wait.

On a side note, I thought last night that it was about time it was Sir Glen McGrath, not just for being one of the greatest bowlers ever but for the incredible charity work since.

Flem274*

123/5
If Aus don't beat sl, they may as well give up on cricket entirely. Even without Smith and Warner, they'd beat them easily at home.
sri lanka can draw that series if they have mathews fit. their batting is extremely underrated imo and light years ahead of the australian top 6 on show against india, and that's even with gunathilaka in the team. with smith and warner back it's a funny one where sri lanka have the most test standard batsmen but australia has the best two batsmen. a combined top 6 would probably look like warner, karunaratne, chandimal, smith, mendis, mathews.

sri lankas problem is their bowling is genuinely club level unless it's a dustbowl or a lawn. even bangladesh pip them by having several very good spinners. lakmal, rajitha, perera and chameera would be lucky to play fc in australia or many other countries and kumara is still fc level imo.

so only australia can win, but hopefully they'll have to work for it, tho knowing sri lankan luck mathews won't be fit.

morgieb

That was my thinking, we win ashes he goes past 600 wickets in his time left and probably calls it a day. May carry on if not reached 600 though so knighthood will have to wait.

On a side note, I thought last night that it was about time it was Sir Glen McGrath, not just for being one of the greatest bowlers ever but for the incredible charity work since.
Knighthoods aren't a thing anymore in Australia. He does have the Order of Australia which is similar in prestige.

morgieb

sri lanka can draw that series if they have mathews fit. their batting is extremely underrated imo and light years ahead of the australian top 6 on show against india, and that's even with gunathilaka in the team. with smith and warner back it's a funny one where sri lanka have the most test standard batsmen but australia has the best two batsmen. a combined top 6 would probably look like warner, karunaratne, chandimal, smith, mendis, mathews.

sri lankas problem is their bowling is genuinely club level unless it's a dustbowl or a lawn. even bangladesh pip them by having several very good spinners. lakmal, rajitha, perera and chameera would be lucky to play fc in australia or many other countries and kumara is still fc level imo.

so only australia can win, but hopefully they'll have to work for it, tho knowing sri lankan luck mathews won't be fit.
Sri Lanka's batting is solid, but it's not as good as India and before today Australia's bowling held up pretty well against them. And the Indian bowling >>>>>> Sri Lanka's bowling, it's just that Sri Lanka have had His Roundness to mask some holes and tend to get pretty lucky with pitch preparation.

OverratedSanity

There's no way Matthews is recovering in time. I thought he was confirmed out already?

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka's batting is solid, but it's not as good as India and before today Australia's bowling held up pretty well against them. And the Indian bowling >>>>>> Sri Lanka's bowling, it's just that Sri Lanka have had His Roundness to mask some holes and tend to get pretty lucky with pitch preparation.
i'm not guaranteeing a drawn series morgie, australia have a class attack, i'm saying sri lanka have the opportunity.

also i think a combined indian/sri lankan top 6 would have even honours. karunaratne, pujara, chandimal, kohli, mendis, mathews or something like that.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
well that sucks
Yes I thought he had been ruled out too unfortunately for us..for me, we need Chameera firing on all cylinders again with Kumara if our bowling line up has any chance..gunathilake needs to be dropped from tests and DDS back in at three which for.me means either Mendis opens with Dimuth or we go with a gamble on someone like samarawickrema..either way I think the Aussie bowling line up will be too strong for us on home tracks..

vcs

I don't think SL will come close to winning or drawing a Test in Australia (even minus Smith,Warner).

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
India to choke their way out of the world cup group stage meaning the World Cup format gets changed again. England lose the ashes cos they forgot Steve Smith can bat and Start learns how to use the Duke ball. Sri Lanka miss the T20 World Cup altogether.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain

Sri Lanka have never won a test in australia. Don't think this will lot even come close.

Asutralia has good bowling, theys should be fine.

TheJediBrah

I don't think SL will come close to winning or drawing a Test in Australia (even minus Smith,Warner).
Yeah, I don't think SL could beat a state 2nd XI in Aus tbh (actually not exaggerating), let alone an Aus A side (I have a feeling at least a few of the bowlers will be rested, or "sore" for the SL series)