• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which current team has the best overall batting?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England's deep middle order makes them just get by due to the horribleness of their top three; it doesn't make them the best. Bairstow moving up to three could change things soon if it works out, but it's definitely too early to say on that front.

Give me India's any day. New Zealand and South Africa (yeah, I'm not going to be fooled by the bowler-friendliness of their home pitches lately -- Markram, Elgar, Amla and Faf is an awesome best four bats, 2018 averages be damned) are close.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England > India > NZ = SA > Pakistan > Australia (minus Smith and Warner, those two should bring them at about par with India)

I don't rate NZ all that highly, got rolled by Yasir for double figures recently and also got decimated by Lakmal and Kumara at home with Southee rescuing them.

Think England edge India because even if the spuds at the top don't cross 20-30, they still soften up the bowlers enough for the middle and lower order to make merry. They've pretty much redefined the meaning of a "batting lineup" to mean 10-11 capable batsmen, there's no tail at all.

Last edited: