• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Groundking

International Debutant
Do you think it’s a case of hedging their bets as they’re not sure how much it’s going to turn? If it doesn’t turn a great deal then maybe they don’t fancy two finger spinners and Rashid does turn it more than either of them.
Yet Leach has the best control out of the 3 of them which makes him useful if it doesn't turn.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bowling light is an understatement.

Managed to pick a team that has 5 bowlers but is both a seamer and a spinner light.

Woodster

International Captain
I’m not Rashid’s biggest fan, I don’t think someone not playing first-class cricket should’ve been brought back into Test cricket anyway, but that’s gone now. I can understand his selection, it may look harsh on Leach, but I’d still want my biggest turner of the ball playing on a wicket that nobody seems sure what it’s going to do.

There are reservations over three quicks for us, but I’m sure we can get more out of Stokes. Curran is the worry for me, and I personally would have favoured Broad over him but maybe the Dukes ball swung it Curran’s way (no pun intended).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Campbell seems quite 6 happy in FC cricket and has a S/R over 60. Surprised he has played only the 5 20/20 games.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I know he swings the ball out of the hand and isn’t the quickest but I like watching Sam Curran bowl. Always nice watching a left armer swing it.