• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
England team still very poor , two unproven openers , Buttler is not test standard and neither is Curran as a bowler , having recently returned from the carribean I can tell you Windies are really improving and have a very good captain .

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh dear. I do wonder whether we'll see another decent English opening batsman in my lifetime. I couldn't begin to say how many we've tried since Strauss retired.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the openers have scored far more than I expected before a wicket has gone, shame it was Burns out though. Need a repeat by YJB here and we may yet have a slim chance.

vcs

Holder again.. Bairstow bowled through the gate. Definitely been an area of weakness for him in recent times.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Just way too loose a shot to be playing early in an innings. That's two poor dismissals so far in the innings.

Woodster

International Captain
I understand that on the pitch like this your mindset may be to be very positive and get some runs before a shooter or a popper or whatever gets you. But the dangers are exactly what has happened to Burns and Bairstow and that’s playing positive shots where the odds really aren't in your favour.

Burns has cut a ball that is far too close, it was only ever going at catching height to the slip region, his only hope was finding the small gap between slips and gully. Bairstow has tried driving a ball on a flat one at the Oval where he can hit it on the up. It really isn’t that type of pitch.

Groundking

International Debutant
I understand that on the pitch like this your mindset may be to be very positive and get some runs before a shooter or a popper or whatever gets you. But the dangers are exactly what has happened to Burns and Bairstow and that’s playing positive shots where the odds really aren't in your favour.

Burns has cut a ball that is far too close, it was only ever going at catching height to the slip region, his only hope was finding the small gap between slips and gully. Bairstow has tried driving a ball on a flat one at the Oval where he can hit it on the up. It really isn’t that type of pitch.
And to make it worse is that the West Indies have shown the thick ****s how to bat on this pitch.

vcs

And now with a genius review as well. Midas touch. England deeper in the mire.