• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Borges

International Regular
The West Indies have been very disciplined. Just one wide and no no-balls in the England innings.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If WI can get to 350-400, England will really be staring down the barrel. They'll be desperate for early wickets tomorrow.

flibbertyjibber

This is a rout so far, like going back in time to 80's and 90's. Being comprehensively outplayed by a superior side so far.

Shady Slim

International Coach
man need that gif of the giant from twin peaks saying it is happening again but cbf to get it

loving this from the WI

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Interesting day. I think we bowled pretty well apart from a couple of spells from Gabriel and Joseph. Braithwaite and Campbell surviving that evening spell against a pumped up Broad was really inspiring and gives me more hope than anything else.

Not the best of pitches but it made for an interesting day at least. Overall I think England got about par, I'm very worried about getting on this pitch.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting day. I think we bowled pretty well apart from a couple of spells from Gabriel and Joseph. Braithwaite and Campbell surviving that evening spell against a pumped up Broad was really inspiring and gives me more hope than anything else.

Not the best of pitches but it made for an interesting day at least. Overall I think England got about par, I'm very worried about getting on this pitch.
Yeah, just about. Missed it by a mere 120 runs.

Woodster

International Captain

Thought the WI openers were exemplary in that final session given the conditions. Yes they rode their luck a bit, but you need that to survive sometimes against a quality new ball duo when it's doing plenty. They displayed all the skills that time has forgot in Test cricket such as patience and digging in. Acknowledging when conditions favour the bowling side and basically looking to survive in the hope things will get easier today and you'll have earned the right to a few easy runs.

West Indies are set up well for today, England simply must fight back today and get some kind of foothold in this series, a bad day today could end any hopes of even a series draw. Huge day, bowlers have to stand up big time before the batsmen attempt to do the same.

Beamer

Yeah, just about. Missed it by a mere 120 runs.
Do you genuinely think that it are you on a wind up? You're never in on that pitch, there's a ball around the corner that will jump up at you and we're awful at batting.

Beamer

Thought the WI openers were exemplary in that final session given the conditions. Yes they rode their luck a bit, but you need that to survive sometimes against a quality new ball duo when it's doing plenty. They displayed all the skills that time has forgot in Test cricket such as patience and digging in. Acknowledging when conditions favour the bowling side and basically looking to survive in the hope things will get easier today and you'll have earned the right to a few easy runs.

West Indies are set up well for today, England simply must fight back today and get some kind of foothold in this series, a bad day today could end any hopes of even a series draw. Huge day, bowlers have to stand up big time before the batsmen attempt to do the same.
Beautiful thing from a West Indian perspective is that whatever happens we've already defied all expectations. England need to produce something special as we're effectively 2 good days away from winning the series. I genuinely didn't think that would happen.

vcs

Still can't stop thinking about that catch off Root.

Tried setting that gif as my avatar but the site won't allow it. :(

Woodster

International Captain
Beautiful thing from a West Indian perspective is that whatever happens we've already defied all expectations. England need to produce something special as we're effectively 2 good days away from winning the series. I genuinely didn't think that would happen.
Truth be told neither did I, and I don't mean that in an arrogant we should win kind of way, I expected it to be closer, we just haven't turned up yet and I think WI have surprised England, certainly the bowling attack and maybe even the pitches.

England have to adapt today, they have to turn up. I do think we'll come back into this Test, not saying we'll win it mind.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

If you post the gif here I might be able to edit it for you so it the site accepts it. I won't have time until Tuesday though.

Woodster

International Captain

It was incredible wasn't it?! An unplayable delivery and a special bit of fielding teamwork.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah the link is fine, I basically just need to resize it so the forum software doesn't try to (when it tries to do it with gifs it fails).