• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Let the pitch do the work.

Yeah Rob Key. That's the mantra right now.
Looks like he may have a point. Let's see if England's bowlers can keep bowling full enough instead of getting excited by the bounce and dropping too short.

I reckon we need at least three wickets tonight if all of the overs that are supposed to be bowled actually are.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like he may have a point. Let's see if England's bowlers can keep bowling full enough instead of getting excited by the bounce and dropping too short.

I reckon we need at least three wickets tonight if all of the overs that are supposed to be bowled actually are.
A lot of plays and misses so far. Close calls.

I reckon a guy like Stokes will get the most purchase on this wicket at this stage.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's looking so good for the W'Indies now. England's best bowlers needed to make a couple of breakthroughs with the new ball, but it just hasn't happened. Maybe WI bowled that little bit better than us, or batted more intelligently. Either way, they've almost weathered the storm now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson seen off wicketless. These openers have done a terrific job; not worrying about the run rate, just seeing off the new ball and making life so much easier for their team.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The almosts and not quites are all very well, but WI had claimed four wickets at this stage of the innings. With the new ball seen off, WI should be able to build a substantial lead tomorrow. Not really the bowlers' fault; our abysmal batting means we're not going to win much in the foreseeable future. The Saffer looking forward to our boys heading their way next winter isn't a bad judge. It's been a while since anyone was comprehensively outplayed by the WI; quite an achievement by this bunch. Apologies for the stuck record routine, but I fail to see how anyone can be anything other than disgusted by deterioration in the standard of cricketers produced by our domestic game over the last 10 years. Maybe being thrashed by the WI and subsequently walloped at home to Australia might focus a few minds, but it's unlikely, isn't it.

Last edited: