• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Dean Wilson
‏ @CricketMirror
6m6 minutes ago

THAT IS OUT - It is four wickets in five balls for Broad as Blackwood (4) goes 2nd ball caught at 2nd slip by Bairstow after slashing his first ball over the slips for four. 135-12
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Peak cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Should be a permanent thing Curran opening with Anderson. Broad doesn't need the new ball.

No 1-3 batsmen
Anderson 37.7%
Broad 32.9%
Curran 35.7%
Small sample sizes for the win.

He's taken 14 wickets in 7 matches FFS.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somehow Leach has managed to go at a tick under four while everyone else is making merry

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Stone out of the tour with a stress fracture of the back. That boy ain't got no luck.
In days of old a conversation could have gone something like this...

"Go back to Loughborough son, work on your action and maybe take a yard off your pace..."

I wonder what will happen going forward under the King Of Spain?

Beamer

ROTFLMAO at yesterdays scorecard. I know the pitch at UWI is notoriously bad and England has two brilliant seamers but come on! There are some okish batsmen in that Presidents XI and for it to be a schoolyard scorecard like that is embarrassing.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Interesting leach bowled before aIi. Sign than he is going to be playing in the 1st test? Looks like he may not bowled that well though

Last edited:

Beamer

Interesting leach bowled before aIi. Sign than he is going to be playing in the 1st test? Looks like he may not bowled that well though
Leach is interesting as he bowled well in Sri Lanka. However, I've not been at all impressed when I've seen him outside of that. He was comprehensively out bowled by Warrican and Cornwall on the A tour. Having said that, I remember on the 2009 tour Graham Swann was beaten like a mule in the warm up matches and looked awful. I wrote him off then and yet he had an awesome career.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So it seems like Bairstow at 3 and Foakes keeping wicket is decided.

That means the team is

1. Jennings
2. Burns
3. Bairstow
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Buttler
7. Foakes+
11. Anderson

With the remaining three places to go between the six of Moeen, Broad, Leach, Curran, Rashid and Woakes.

The easiest to leave out are Rashid (3rd best spinner) and Woakes (we're away from home). I really can't make up my mind on the third. I think I end up leaving out Curran unless we need to play a four man seam attack.

Seems like Curran would be picked as just a generic allround 'too capable in general to not play' player, but there's not room for more than one of them and for me that's Moeen Ali.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last time a Campbell opened the batting for us was in 2001- Sherwin Campbell against Australia with scores of 79 and 54