• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Woodster

International Captain
Pitches of this nature certainly create some exciting cricket. Bairstow with the attitude there’s a popper just round the corner is going at anything slightly over pitched or with any width, and it has worked brilliantly to this point.

Burns got a decent one although played slightly across it, Denly’s was a poor shot and Root could do nothing at all with his.

Buttler’s is the most interesting one for me. I didn’t mind him coming down the pitch, it made sense, he didn’t want Holder settling in on that good attacking length and at his pace it does allow the batsman to come down and disrupt his rhythm. Problem being is that he ended up prodding at a ball that was probably about 6th stump line, a dismissal indicative of his early struggles in Test cricket.

Stefan9

International Debutant
That's the worry, isn't it. Then we're looking at win the toss and win the game, which isn't supposed to be what happens.
If you can't tough out a few sessions while there is moisture the issue is with the batting not the toss or pitch.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
I know Root dosent have big say over team selection, but surely he has say over batting order, and its obvious that Foakes should be batting above Mo.... he's wasted at 8!