• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've seen a lot of criticism of the squad at how there isn't more guyanese players in there as they dominate the fc league. Who is really knocking on the door to play tests or are they just a strong all round team with no one player standing out.
Tage seems to score runs but I doubt they will open him with kraigg as they both score quite slow
The fact that there is hardly any Guyanese player in here is because we perform as a team.

All eleven players are standing up and performing. We even beat a full strength (almost WI team) the other day.

Tage grinds em down like a coconut mill. Which allows the likes of Bramble to express themselves.

Leon Johnson is another Darren Ganga. Tactical genius, but nothing much with the bat.

Permaul, the senior bowler then takes over along with pacers Pestano and Shepherd.
Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai makes an appearance once in a while.

I can't say how valuable Raymon Reifer is to the team.

Guyana have the blueprint of success. That's why we're defending champions for four years in a row.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Has there ever been a West Indies Vice President, or Board Secretary's XI? Just an idle question to keep the thread going

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Come on...having spectators is a bad thing now?
The places where West Indians actually turn up to watch test cricket are Jamaica, Trinidad and Guyana. By placing it where they have they have basically admitted that the priority is English fans turning up. Sensible economically but not exactly putting your own first.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think there has to be a test against England in Barbados. The money it must make economically is huge, not just in the stadium but across the whole island before during and after the game. There was 10000 England fans when I went there 3 years ago.
The money generated should be shared between islands as cricket boards so it's not just Barbados making money of the travelling English.

theegyptian

Would think Buttler is an almost certainty to play. Vice captain, averaging 45 since he returned to the side. Great influence on the team and Root. You don't invest on bringing Buttler back in the team and then dump him when he's been going great.

I think we can fairly safely discount Woakes, Denly or Stone from serious consideration for the first test. Everyone else is in the mix for selection.

Beamer

Having said that, if anyone who does make runs on this pitch against the England seamers will have made a real case for themselves.

Beamer

I think there has to be a test against England in Barbados. The money it must make economically is huge, not just in the stadium but across the whole island before during and after the game. There was 10000 England fans when I went there 3 years ago.
The money generated should be shared between islands as cricket boards so it's not just Barbados making money of the travelling English.
Agreed. IT's more the absence of T & T, Jamaica and Guyana that bugs me.

SillyCowCorner1

Guyana is hardly a tourist destination for the English.

They just want to enjoy the blue waters and the white Sandy beaches.

Over here we have brown water and brown sand.

Beamer

Guyana is hardly a tourist destination for the English.

They just want to enjoy the blue waters and the white Sandy beaches.

Over here we have brown water and brown sand.
Which is my point. It's good for west indies cricket and has a large local fan base, especially with Hety playing. But tourism has been put first. Must be the realities of modern cricket.

FBU

International Debutant
Should be a permanent thing Curran opening with Anderson. Broad doesn't need the new ball.

No 1-3 batsmen
Anderson 37.7%
Broad 32.9%
Curran 35.7%

SillyCowCorner1

Which is my point. It's good for west indies cricket and has a large local fan base, especially with Hety playing. But tourism has been put first. Must be the realities of modern cricket.
Most young kids I know adore our proud son of the land, Hetmyer.

They look up to him. He won us a freaking World Cup. Providence would be packed to watch him.