• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Absolute butchering of logic.

Would Liverpool be less deserving of their title if they lost to some low slung bottom feeder nincompoop. Would that team then deserve the PL more? When you want to determine the best team, you look at their overall performance and not cherry pick one match or series which would little doubt that India is the best team in the world, with England and NZ scraping for 2nd place. Which is why comments like 'India don't deserve No.1 because we 'thumped' them 4-1' don't make any sense.

Even Head2Head India is well ahead of England by virtue of stomping England on our home grounds while leaving England fending us off by the skin of their teeth on the return leg.
I was only using your logic champ. If you are going to claim one side is bad because they performed badly enough in one test match to lose to a side who are generally considered below average (cherry picking in the way that you've accused me of here), then losing 4-1 to that side you are trying to downplay would by that logic have to be considered worse. I never committed to this logic; in fact, I don't agree with it at all. But you ran with it, and only in seeing me use it against your own team have you actually recognised its flawed nature. Congrats

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Not too optimistic about this your tbh. We were progressing really well as a test side at least but the tours of India BD Bangladesh have been disastrous for our batting and injuries/suspensions to key bowlers.

I can see us bowling England out chesply a couple of times with excellent seam bowling but I can't see us putting up enough runs on the board to compete.

Also the news that Pybus will be head coach is pretty disastrous. He is universally unpopular with stars and young players alike. Appointing him is the boards equivalent of sticking their middle finger up at the players.

Beamer

I'll predict our side after the next couple of rounds of FC cricket. We're looking for an opener, a possible middle order batsman and a spinner.

Darren Bravo will play for T & T. If he gets runs he must play it's as simple as that.

Beamer

Do WI need to play 5 bowlers realistically? Gabriel, Roach, Holder and a spinner (Bishoo, Warrican, Khan) is a top attack.

EDIT: Also Chase can be used as a 2nd spinner
Agreed. Especially as our batting is so weak anyway, it's suicidal to weaken it further.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well at least you haven't tweakened it like Australia by replacing one no rounder with another then end up probably playing both.

The WI bowlers have a great recent record at home. You may not need that much of an improvement from the batting to win/draw this series. It should be a realistic expectation.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Really doubt if WI is winning the series. If they just about manage to win a match, that'd not be a bad result for them at all.

Bowlers may step up, but England has decent enough batting to weather that. Batting, however, looks dire AF. Hopefully Hope's still in good form, coming back from a good ODI series. And Hetmeyer too. If they can play Bravo too and one of them pulls a good innings out of their hat, then good. Doesn't look like they can do it remotely consistently, though.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not too optimistic about this your tbh. We were progressing really well as a test side at least but the tours of India BD Bangladesh have been disastrous for our batting and injuries/suspensions to key bowlers.

I can see us bowling England out chesply a couple of times with excellent seam bowling but I can't see us putting up enough runs on the board to compete.

Also the news that Pybus will be head coach is pretty disastrous. He is universally unpopular with stars and young players alike. Appointing him is the boards equivalent of sticking their middle finger up at the players.
Surprised about that.

In South Africa he coached Mark Boucher at Selborne school and then for Border u19s he took them unbeaten at our u19 Week where he had Boucher, Kemp and Ntini under his wing. Then got the Border senior provincial role where he continued Boucher and Ntini's development. 1991-1999

First stint at the Titans between 2005-09 he helped develop Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Paul Harris & Albie Morkel (AB was already mainly with SA team) and his 2nd stint with Titans 2007-09 Faf du Plessis, Farhaan Behardien and Imran Tahir came through in this time.

2010-2012 he got Richard Levi and Vernon Philander through to the SA team whilst in charge of the Cobras and Stiaan van Zyl was building up an impressive FC record that got test matches down the line.

In this time he won multiple trophies at Titans and Cobras.

I really wanted him as SA coach during periods it was available.

Last edited:

Beamer

Surprised about that.
Noone doubts his ability as coach. But he is seen as toxic by the players due to his terrible man management skills during his years as director of cricket.

He was basically the hatchetman in the Darren Bravo episode and implemented eligibility rules for selection which left us unable to select many of our best players. He was seen as a board lacky and someone who was very poor at communicating with players to explain decisions.

He has also done some excellent things like our extended 4 day season, increased number of A tours and professional salaries for FC cricketers. But it's hard to see him succeeding at coaching a bunch of players that don't trust him.

Beamer

Presidents XI squad for the tour match:

John Campbell, Chandrapaul Hemraj,Jermaine Blackwood, Sunil Ambris, Vishaul Singh, Jahmar Hamilton (captain), Devon Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Bryan Charles, Miguel Cummins, Chemar Holder, Alzarri Joseph

They've picked 2 wicket keepers. Really odd. I swear they just draw names out of a hat. No Cornwall in the lineup for the first time in ages. Either he's in the test squad or they've decided he's too fat.

Beamer

In other news, we know that Shamarh Brooks has been invited to the Windies training camp. He was the best batsman on the last A tour but has struggled this year and averages 33 with 5 FC centuries after 12 years. Very odd and is the type of call that fuels the Bajan bias calls that reverberate around the Caribbean.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

John Campbell, Chandrapaul Hemraj,Jermaine Blackwood, Sunil Ambris, Vishaul Singh, Jahmar Hamilton (captain), Devon Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Bryan Charles, Miguel Cummins, Chemar Holder, Alzarri Joseph

They've picked 2 wicket keepers. Really odd. I swear they just draw names out of a hat. No Cornwall in the lineup for the first time in ages. Either he's in the test squad or they've decided he's too fat.
Only room for one minor county player, it would seem.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

No Carty. No Athanaze. No solozano.
No Rahkeem?

Would loved to see Tage in there as well.

No early for bramble?

Howe_zat

Audio File
England batting in the warm up.

Doesn't look very experimental. My guess is they will leave out Woakes for Anderson in the final XI. Would be surprised if they don't find room for Buttler but no idea who for.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I have to admit when I look at that all I see is a bunch of keepers and all rounders and no actual batsmen, besides Root.