• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

a massive zebra

International Captain
Before this tour, you would have got very good odds on West Indies winning more matches than England in the Tests and ODIs combined. Only a miracle can stop that from becoming a reality.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies could win this inside 10 overs at this rate!
Always a possibility in this situation. England's bowlers are very ordinary, there's no pressure at all on the WI batsmen chasing such as pitiful total and Chris Gayle was never going to turn down the chance of some downhill skiing. But if anyone can explain precisely what Woakes brings to the side, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
This WC is going to be interesting. Dinosaurs like Gayle and Dhoni are in form. A few months ago I'd have said that both of them would be stinking it up for their respective teams but now I don't know. Amla's another that can go either way.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
This was surely Gayle's last ODI game in the Caribbean. And like the showman he is, he made sure to go out on a bang: he's scored almost 500 runs in this series. Such an iconic player.

We will miss you Gayle.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Good series for Archer and Wood.

Not so good for Woakes and Ali. Woakes got tagged by Gayle which can happen but has lost pace over time and looks very medium pace these days. Not quite sure why he bowled as many overs as he did today.
Ali record in the series (12 batting avg in 2 completed innings, 167 runs conceeded bowling for 0 wickets @ 8.78 economy) and since the last WC (913 runs @ 22.26 avg @ 103.86 econ; 57 wickets @ 49.7 @5.34 economy) is poor. Too late now to look at alternatives.

WC Squad - Roy, Hales, Bairstow, Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Plunkett, Rashid, Wood, Archer + 2 (Denly/Billings/Dawson + Willey/T Curran).

Think I'd plump for Billings and Willey as the last two. I'd like another spin option but they clearly don't really rate trust Dawson and doesn't have the experience. Billings has batted up and down the order (with no great success tbh), and is quality fielder. TCurran is more a t20 bowler at this point imo, so I'd go with Willey as he has the greater experience, offers the left arm swing and is a very good fielder also.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
My England squad:

Roy, Hales, Bairstow, Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Plunkett, Rashid, Wood, Archer, Denly, Curran

Strengths: insane attacking batting ability, good fielding, decent pace in Wood and Archer, decent enough variety from Rashid.

Weaknesses: overall average bowling that can be got at. Poor second spin option in Moeen Ali.

That's how I see it anyway.